I had a nice little surprise this afternoon when I went out to lunch with my parents. I ran into an old friend whom I haven't seen for a couple years or so. We were at Rusty's Grille, so while the adults sang karaoke, we had some time to just talk and catch up. We were the only young adults there, but it was cool. We just talked about what we've been up to the past couple of years and what's ahead of us in the not-so-distant future. My friend, whom we'll call Kaye, just graduated this past semester from UM and will head off to Chicago in the fall to continue on with her education. When I told her I was going to the AF she was surprised to say the least. I guess shocked would be more precise.
One other thing we talked about was my ex-girlfriend, who also graduated at UM this past semester. She didn't know too much because they never really ran into each other much on campus. But they did see each other every now and then. Anyway, apparently she's having a graduation party sometime soon. Kaye was invited. And I was telling her that maybe my invitation just got lost in the mail. Oh well... =) Naw it's cool, no big. I mean, yah it'd be nice to see her and congratulate her and what not, but we'll see. Kaye was saying she'd only go if her parents go because they might end up working. So we brought up the idea that if they are working, I could go with her. hahaha. I don't know about that one. No hard feelings. No bitterness. I'm happy for her. I want nothing but the best for her. I wish her all the best. I promise. 0=)
One other thing we talked about was my ex-girlfriend, who also graduated at UM this past semester. She didn't know too much because they never really ran into each other much on campus. But they did see each other every now and then. Anyway, apparently she's having a graduation party sometime soon. Kaye was invited. And I was telling her that maybe my invitation just got lost in the mail. Oh well... =) Naw it's cool, no big. I mean, yah it'd be nice to see her and congratulate her and what not, but we'll see. Kaye was saying she'd only go if her parents go because they might end up working. So we brought up the idea that if they are working, I could go with her. hahaha. I don't know about that one. No hard feelings. No bitterness. I'm happy for her. I want nothing but the best for her. I wish her all the best. I promise. 0=)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home