To say that this past weekend was amazing would be an understatement! But for now, I will just say that it was incredibly amazing! The 1st CFC Southeast Regional Conference was a huge success. I wasn't there for a majority of the CFC portion mainly because I was really involved in the Youth portion. So let's try and update you on how this weekend was for me.
I want to start off with the SFC performance. WOW! We got so many compliments, and I heard a good amount of people say that we had the best performance. Hats off to SFC JAX and most especially to James for teaching us the dance. You're amazing, James! Ok so yah, we totally rocked in our performance. Praise God! All the practicing and late nights and frustration... It was all worth it in the end! The guys looked hot, the ladies looked even hotter! We had so much fun out there performing for God! To celebrate... We took lots of pictures. hahaha. Yah... We love our pictures. =)
The mass Saturday night was incredible! The priest was wild and crazy... In a good way of course. He was just so energetic and so powerful in delivering his homily. Who could fall asleep during that?!! It was just so inspiring to hear him and see how he delivered it. Amazing!
Ok so let's talk about the Youth portion of the conference. Incredibly amazing! From the talks to the workshops to the worships to the praisefest... wow! A totally empowering weekend for the Youth. I'm excited to see how God is going to use them in the upcoming years to follow. Sunday was definitely the highlight of the weekend for me. Not any one particular moment, but the whole day... from the moment I woke up until the moment I went to sleep. It was just a day that I was out of my "norm." Yah... you should've seen me. I was bouncing off the walls! I was just going crazy all day... crazy for the Lord! High off the Lord... drunk because of my consumption of God's Spirit. Oh yes... I was all out for God this day. It felt good to let loose and just be crazy for God. I pray that we may all experience that feeling. Total surrender to the Lord. The freedom of just worshipping God was incredible. I just felt so empowered throughout the whole day, I couldn't keep it to myself. The morning worship I was out there giving it all to God. The praisefest... oh my gosh the praisefest! I was getting tired and out of breath because of all the jumping and praising and just giving it all to Him. Wow!
During the praisefest, I was inspired by one of the Jax brothers: Patrick. He didn't do or say anything in particular. It's just that he's been around as long as I have and he's grown up in the ministry. I know he has so much potential to do so many amazing things. God is definitely going to use him to do so much. I saw him during the praisefest, during the reflection portion... he was playing the drums and I saw him with tears in his eyes. Wow! It was just an inspirational site for me. I felt compelled to go to him and pray over him... which I did. I love this guy... he's going to be an amazing leader one of these days.
After all was said and done, we chilled for the rest of the day. Chilled until we had to say bye to people as they made their way back to their respectives homes one by one. Chilling back in the lobby area was great. Hanging out in the hospitality room was fun. Going to the Landing at night was so much fun. My craziness just continued on. =) The adults went to dinner at one place while the Youth went to dinner at Hooters. Fun! They didn't expect it and I didn't tell them I was going to do it, but I paid for it all as a treat to them for doing an amazing job this weekend. They were against me paying, but it was already said and done. Sorry guys, just accept it. =) I didn't tell them how much I paid, either. You all deserve it.
Anyway, after dinner we just chilled until the parents were done. It was fun. Oh! And I got a thumbs up from Yana! It wasn't totally voluntarily done on her part, and it was kind of hiding. They told her I had paid for the dinner and to give me a hug. Since she didn't want to they said to give me a thumbs up. Her hand was on her face, and her thumb was up but it was hiding. But it's okay... I'll take it. hahaha. =)
The walk back to the hotel was great! More craziness on my part. Riding seabiscuit. hahaha. Jumping over poles. Singing songs in front of the hotel. Great stuff. Man... it was definitely a great weekend. It was sad to be leaving, but it's cool. =) Anyway, it was a long weekend, but an incredibly amazing weekend. Praise God for it all!
Ok so today has been interesting. I woke up really late. I had to catch up on some sleep. Missed out on the movies with everyone because I had to do stuff at home. Yay for cleaning! =) My parents watched the video of SFC dancing. They said we did a great job. Complimented Abi on how she looked. Yay for her! hahaha. She did look amazing, by the way. =) Also, my mom talked to me about some stuff she had heard from CFC from Tennessee. Good stuff, so no worries. According to her, they said I did an inspirational talk at the CLP we did in TN and that they could see me as a priest. Whoa! Craziness.
Ok last thing before I head off and mow the grass [it's 617pm and I still have to mow!]. Mom was talking to me about weddings. She had mentioned she's been doing some planning with my brother's wedding which may be next year. It's not definite, just something they've been talking about. And then she mentioned my wedding. I was like... whoa. She brought it up because she said she would like the CFC couple she talked to from TN to be one of the principal sponsors. And she mentioned other people she wanted as the principal sponsors. Um... hello!! I don't think I'll be getting married anytime soon. But I guess you never know. But I do think it's a little early to be planning things out.
Ok I think that'll be it for now. I know I probably left out A LOT of stuff worth mentioning, but oh well. I can reminisce more later on. =)
I want to start off with the SFC performance. WOW! We got so many compliments, and I heard a good amount of people say that we had the best performance. Hats off to SFC JAX and most especially to James for teaching us the dance. You're amazing, James! Ok so yah, we totally rocked in our performance. Praise God! All the practicing and late nights and frustration... It was all worth it in the end! The guys looked hot, the ladies looked even hotter! We had so much fun out there performing for God! To celebrate... We took lots of pictures. hahaha. Yah... We love our pictures. =)
The mass Saturday night was incredible! The priest was wild and crazy... In a good way of course. He was just so energetic and so powerful in delivering his homily. Who could fall asleep during that?!! It was just so inspiring to hear him and see how he delivered it. Amazing!
Ok so let's talk about the Youth portion of the conference. Incredibly amazing! From the talks to the workshops to the worships to the praisefest... wow! A totally empowering weekend for the Youth. I'm excited to see how God is going to use them in the upcoming years to follow. Sunday was definitely the highlight of the weekend for me. Not any one particular moment, but the whole day... from the moment I woke up until the moment I went to sleep. It was just a day that I was out of my "norm." Yah... you should've seen me. I was bouncing off the walls! I was just going crazy all day... crazy for the Lord! High off the Lord... drunk because of my consumption of God's Spirit. Oh yes... I was all out for God this day. It felt good to let loose and just be crazy for God. I pray that we may all experience that feeling. Total surrender to the Lord. The freedom of just worshipping God was incredible. I just felt so empowered throughout the whole day, I couldn't keep it to myself. The morning worship I was out there giving it all to God. The praisefest... oh my gosh the praisefest! I was getting tired and out of breath because of all the jumping and praising and just giving it all to Him. Wow!
During the praisefest, I was inspired by one of the Jax brothers: Patrick. He didn't do or say anything in particular. It's just that he's been around as long as I have and he's grown up in the ministry. I know he has so much potential to do so many amazing things. God is definitely going to use him to do so much. I saw him during the praisefest, during the reflection portion... he was playing the drums and I saw him with tears in his eyes. Wow! It was just an inspirational site for me. I felt compelled to go to him and pray over him... which I did. I love this guy... he's going to be an amazing leader one of these days.
After all was said and done, we chilled for the rest of the day. Chilled until we had to say bye to people as they made their way back to their respectives homes one by one. Chilling back in the lobby area was great. Hanging out in the hospitality room was fun. Going to the Landing at night was so much fun. My craziness just continued on. =) The adults went to dinner at one place while the Youth went to dinner at Hooters. Fun! They didn't expect it and I didn't tell them I was going to do it, but I paid for it all as a treat to them for doing an amazing job this weekend. They were against me paying, but it was already said and done. Sorry guys, just accept it. =) I didn't tell them how much I paid, either. You all deserve it.
Anyway, after dinner we just chilled until the parents were done. It was fun. Oh! And I got a thumbs up from Yana! It wasn't totally voluntarily done on her part, and it was kind of hiding. They told her I had paid for the dinner and to give me a hug. Since she didn't want to they said to give me a thumbs up. Her hand was on her face, and her thumb was up but it was hiding. But it's okay... I'll take it. hahaha. =)
The walk back to the hotel was great! More craziness on my part. Riding seabiscuit. hahaha. Jumping over poles. Singing songs in front of the hotel. Great stuff. Man... it was definitely a great weekend. It was sad to be leaving, but it's cool. =) Anyway, it was a long weekend, but an incredibly amazing weekend. Praise God for it all!
Ok so today has been interesting. I woke up really late. I had to catch up on some sleep. Missed out on the movies with everyone because I had to do stuff at home. Yay for cleaning! =) My parents watched the video of SFC dancing. They said we did a great job. Complimented Abi on how she looked. Yay for her! hahaha. She did look amazing, by the way. =) Also, my mom talked to me about some stuff she had heard from CFC from Tennessee. Good stuff, so no worries. According to her, they said I did an inspirational talk at the CLP we did in TN and that they could see me as a priest. Whoa! Craziness.
Ok last thing before I head off and mow the grass [it's 617pm and I still have to mow!]. Mom was talking to me about weddings. She had mentioned she's been doing some planning with my brother's wedding which may be next year. It's not definite, just something they've been talking about. And then she mentioned my wedding. I was like... whoa. She brought it up because she said she would like the CFC couple she talked to from TN to be one of the principal sponsors. And she mentioned other people she wanted as the principal sponsors. Um... hello!! I don't think I'll be getting married anytime soon. But I guess you never know. But I do think it's a little early to be planning things out.
Ok I think that'll be it for now. I know I probably left out A LOT of stuff worth mentioning, but oh well. I can reminisce more later on. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home