Sunday, April 24, 2005

Well it's been quite a weekend. Lots to do and all so much fun! Time to catch you up on my sometimes exciting life. =)

Friday: Started a bit on the mellow side because my mom and I took my dad to the hospital for an MRI. I don't think we get the results in until this week, so I just ask that you please pray for him and that whatever's going on isn't anything serious. I guess getting old has its setbacks. Anyway, we hit up the NEX and mom bought me some stuff. Yay! I usually decline the offer, but I just happen to see quite a bit of stuff I liked. I only got two things, though I really wanted to get more. Maybe the NEX near my house will have some of the stuff I saw. When we got home I just rested up since I was still not feeling well [I haven't been feeling well since Tuesday]. I almost didn't go, but I did end up going to Kuya Raul's mom's going away party. Fun stuff it was. Ate, chilled, shot my darling Lendl with the water gun. Oh yes... fun it was! After that, the SFC had to leave to hit up our household meeting. More fun! We had an awesome turn out! Normal members, some old members, new members, and guests... awesome! Praise God for that! The meeting itself was pretty informal, but it was still loads of fun. After the meeting, dance practice! Dance master James started teaching us the rhumba. Not too difficult just yet. I still want a refresher for the cha-cha and the salsa. In time. During the practice, Abi was my partner. Yay! I have to say, we did really well. It took her a bit longer to get it compared to me, but that was okay. She's probably just not used to dancing these kinds of dances... maybe. I don't know. But I do know she can dance. But anyway... good thing I was the one leading. =) Bestfriend said she got to talk with Abi. Also said she was nice when they talked, unlike myself when I met her last ex-boyfriend. hahaha. =) Anyway, thus endeth my Friday.

Saturday: After about four and a half hours of sleep, my day began. I had to be at Kuya Mon's at 9am for an all day CFC Youth meeting. Areas in attendance were Jax, Orlando, Tampa, and WP. Side note: even though I know better that we'll start on time, I still have to be on time. Sometimes I just want to kick that whole habit of being on time because it seems as though its never worth it [and I don't mean just the Youth]. Anyway, during the time I was there, it seemed as though everyone was all excited about the mission set before us as CFC Youth of Florida. Definitely a productive meeting. Their final worship sounded amazing! Talk about passion! I do have to apologize for not really taking part in it. I was a bit... I don't know how to say it but I just wasn't feeling it. I got a bit inpatient with things because the meeting kept getting side-tracked and, in my opinion, caused the entire meeting to go on way longer than it should have. But God did His thing and ran His meeting the way He wanted it to go down. So I can't complain about that. And I do want to say sorry to Lendl for the way she perceived my attitude. Lendl, you know you always make me happy! Smile for me. =) After the meeting we chilled for a long while just doing whatever. Eventually, all but three of us were in a room just discussing stuff. I overheard a few things, including my name. I didn't go in for whatever reason. I just chilled and played my computer game. I have no legit excuse for my behavior. What I was thinking, I really can't say. Sorry is just not going to cut it. On a brighter note, I finally got to see my Cunamay's! Yay! Ok as stated earlier in this section, I wasn't at the meeting the whole time. I had to leave for a few hours to attend the baptism of little Sumbeling number 2. My favorite part of the ceremony was when he raised Janine up and it reminded me of the "Lion King." hahaha. At least I wasn't the only one thinking that. =) Reception afterwards was great. Love those buffets. I think I'm good at controlling myself in eating at these places. Fun stuff. I felt kind of bad because I neglected to get a card. I'm so bad at this gift giving thing. A check in the pocket of daddy Sumbeling will have to do. Sorry Kuya Raul. =)

Sunday: Wow! Amazing time with the SFC fellowship today. We met up early because we went kayaking in Crescent Beach [again I was early, the next person to arrive came five minutes after the designated meeting time; but in their defense, I heard the departure time was 930am which I heard nothing of]. We had a lot of people turnout for this fellowship. Actually, about the same amount we had at the household meeting on Friday [21]. We got a few quick instructions, then it was off into the water. It was so much fun! For a first timer, I didn't do that bad. I got the hang of it pretty fast and I was just paddling away. I wish I had my camera out in the water to take some pictures. I'll just have to steal them from someone else. =) Anyway, after that we headed off to the Conch House for lunch. Sitting outside under the sun... fun! I just hope I'm not hurting tomorrow because of it. That kind of ended that. We just left and went home afterwards. I was so tired. I slept in the car on the ride back to pick up my car and just headed home after dropping off my film. I've been at home ever since. I'm probably going to be tired tomorrow from all that rowing. Oh well, it was definitely worth it!

Well kids, that'll finish my run down for my weekend. As you can see, it was a busy one for me. But loads and loads of fun! Today is my day of rest. This week I have to get my butt back to work. I'm going to be hurting financially pretty soon. Oh well, I'll have fun at work. I promise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad you had fun. i missed the whole weekend thing though.. sniff.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home