Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wow! The past week has been so busy and crazy... but so fun and exciting! Praise God for the success of the SE Region's Pre-con this past weekend. All the preparations that went into it were fun despite all the fatigue and late nights we spent. Pre-con this year was just amazing! So many people, so many activities, so many awesome competitions! It's hard to say everything about it, so I won't even try. =) But just know that all in all, it was a success! Many thanks to all those involved in setting things up. We couldn't have done it without your help and faithfulness.

The competitions were great, but I think the most intense competitions were dodgeball and dance. The dance competition was really good this year! Four teams, but only one winner... Jacksonville! Holler! Much props to them on a job well done. They were just awesome! But I do have to say, South Florida blew me away! Their performance was absolutely amazing! I think if they had stayed within the given time limit, they may have pulled it off. Who knows... but none-the-less, they were absolutely phenomenal!

Ok highlight of pre-con for me... that's a hard one. Maybe just the overall success of it was my highlight. Seeing how Jacksonville pulled together as one family ministry... awesome! Obviously it's not the first time we did that, but it's probably the first time in a long time that the Youth had a major role in organizing things. They did such a great job in putting things together and keeping things organized throughout the week and even through pre-con itself. We held things in order with the help of the CFC. But besides that, I think my highlight may have come at the time of the prayovers. I don't know, it seems like whenever we have some kind of group prayover this always happens... well lately anyway. I was sitting down just praying. Then Erika, Lendl, and Krissy [I'm pretty sure it was those three, I didn't really get a good look, but it sounded like them] come up to me crying and they all give me a hug. It was just one of those moments. After a minute or two... they all let go and Krissy just hits me in the head... lovingly of course. hahaha. Aww... I love those three. I'm really going to miss them when I leave. What can I say... I see those three as if they were all my real little sisters. =)

Congrats to the Youth of Jacksonville for getting first place in three competitions: Women's basketball, band, and dance. You all did an awesome job! Much props! Go to the National Conference and bring it home!! I know you can do it!

Sunday... our last days together with the Youth from other areas. I had ten people sleep over Saturday night after pre-con. Craziness! We all went to mass at 11am and met up with the others who stayed at other houses. After mass, grabbed some lunch then they headed off to see the "ghetto" mall of Jacksonville. Yah I heard those South Florida guys felt at home there. hahaha. Anyway, I didn't go with them because I met up with the SFC for the last day of our CLP. We had a really good turnout so that was good. I heard the team did an awesome job so praise God for that!

Monday... our first real day of rest and relaxation. Definitely slept in and just chilled at home for a good while. During that time, Zel and Yumul did some laundry and we played some Battlefront and Halo2. You know, I think we may have played Halo2 every night they were here. hahaha. Craziness, but definitely good times. After they finished their laundry, we did some visiting since it was their last night. Stopped by the Dancel's for some reimbursements, the Avenues Mall to do some shopping, the Navarro's for dinner and dessert, and then the Cruz's for more dessert. Oh my gosh, Yana communicated with me! hahaha. I think I'm making some progress. Yay!

Tuesday... Zel and Yumul left about 45 minutes ago. I think the cleaning is about done so that's good. I make my return to work in about an hour. I can't wait... I'm kind of hurting financially since I didn't work at all last week. It's all good though, definitely worth it. Zel and Bondad will be back late Thursday night because they are part of the team going to Tennessee for the SFC CLP mission. While we're there, our secondary mission is to stop by Airsoft Knoxville. Oh yeah!

Fun fun fun! Praise God for such a glorious and spirit-filled week! Again, thanks to everyone involved in making this year's pre-con a huge success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home