Finally... here's my conference post. Ok so the CFC Youth Conference was two weekends ago in Ohio and I'm just now posting about it. Been a little preoccupied with stuff, but here we go.
I've read a number of blogs from people saying how conference was just awesome for them. Praise God for that! But for me, sad to say, it wasn't awesome. Don't get me wrong, I thought the whole thing was awesome, but for me... I just wasn't feeling it. Wasn't feeling it before conference, during, nor after. Why? I'm not definite... I've been trying to figure that one out. Even with the worships, I didn't get into all of them. I can only remember really getting into only a couple worships.
One reason why I think I wasn't really feeling the whole conference was because I kept dwelling on the fact that it's more than likely my last Youth Conference. I did some reminiscing during the bus ride, during conference, and afterwards of course. Just thinking of the past and all the memories I have of all my past conferences. Some points I was sad because I know I'll miss everything. But other times I was just so happy because I see the current Youth experiencing what I went through many times before. I can be by myself off to the side just watching them and I'll be filled with so much joy. They make me happy. I'm so proud of all of them.
It was really cool to be able to see lots of out of town friends again. Unfortunately, a lot of it was just saying hi and small conversations, nothing too grand or in depth. Didn't really hang out with anyone except the SE Youth. I want to hit up the CFC Conference in NY and chill with people but I don't think that's looking too promising right now. At least I'll have the SFC Conference to see people again. Took some pictures with several people... but I wasn't as camera crazy as I thought I would be. I had five new rolls of film that I brought with me. I didn't even use half of one roll. Yah... I was just that out of it at conference. I'm a bit bummed about that... but oh well.
To end this post on a more positive note, congratulations to the SE Region for being the first champs in the Dodgeball competition and for winning the t-shirt competition for the 3rd straight year! Much props to all of you. You all are amazing!
I've read a number of blogs from people saying how conference was just awesome for them. Praise God for that! But for me, sad to say, it wasn't awesome. Don't get me wrong, I thought the whole thing was awesome, but for me... I just wasn't feeling it. Wasn't feeling it before conference, during, nor after. Why? I'm not definite... I've been trying to figure that one out. Even with the worships, I didn't get into all of them. I can only remember really getting into only a couple worships.
One reason why I think I wasn't really feeling the whole conference was because I kept dwelling on the fact that it's more than likely my last Youth Conference. I did some reminiscing during the bus ride, during conference, and afterwards of course. Just thinking of the past and all the memories I have of all my past conferences. Some points I was sad because I know I'll miss everything. But other times I was just so happy because I see the current Youth experiencing what I went through many times before. I can be by myself off to the side just watching them and I'll be filled with so much joy. They make me happy. I'm so proud of all of them.
It was really cool to be able to see lots of out of town friends again. Unfortunately, a lot of it was just saying hi and small conversations, nothing too grand or in depth. Didn't really hang out with anyone except the SE Youth. I want to hit up the CFC Conference in NY and chill with people but I don't think that's looking too promising right now. At least I'll have the SFC Conference to see people again. Took some pictures with several people... but I wasn't as camera crazy as I thought I would be. I had five new rolls of film that I brought with me. I didn't even use half of one roll. Yah... I was just that out of it at conference. I'm a bit bummed about that... but oh well.
To end this post on a more positive note, congratulations to the SE Region for being the first champs in the Dodgeball competition and for winning the t-shirt competition for the 3rd straight year! Much props to all of you. You all are amazing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home