Today was just... wow! I mean the weather was just awesome! Such a beautiful day it was.
So far throughout this holiday season, I've been focusing on the wrong thing. I mean, lately I've been saying how much Christmas isn't going to be all that for me because my brother isn't going to be here and my mom has to work Christmas day. Some of my close friends won't be in town. As of now, I have no plans for Christmas day. So in thinking about all these things, obviously I'd think my Christmas would just flat out suck. But tonight after work, I went to St. Paul's because they had the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. I haven't been in so long because of things conflicting with it. But tonight, I made time to go. And thank God I did!
I was just there praying when suddenly I realized, I'm missing the entire meaning of the celebration of Christmas! Christmas is supposed to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus! Not until tonight did I remember that. And when I realized this, of course I had to ask for His forgivness. It was then did I realize that Christmas is going to be awesome no matter what because I'm going to celebrate the birth of my Savior. It's not all about family and friends and gifts and what not, but it's about Christ. Thank God I was able to go before the Blessed Sacrament tonight to just be with God. I haven't done it in so long that I felt I was, in a sense, disconnected with God.
I hope that you haven't lost the real meaning of why we celebrate Christmas. If you have, then go to God. Pray to Him. As the cliche says, remember to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas.
So far throughout this holiday season, I've been focusing on the wrong thing. I mean, lately I've been saying how much Christmas isn't going to be all that for me because my brother isn't going to be here and my mom has to work Christmas day. Some of my close friends won't be in town. As of now, I have no plans for Christmas day. So in thinking about all these things, obviously I'd think my Christmas would just flat out suck. But tonight after work, I went to St. Paul's because they had the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. I haven't been in so long because of things conflicting with it. But tonight, I made time to go. And thank God I did!
I was just there praying when suddenly I realized, I'm missing the entire meaning of the celebration of Christmas! Christmas is supposed to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus! Not until tonight did I remember that. And when I realized this, of course I had to ask for His forgivness. It was then did I realize that Christmas is going to be awesome no matter what because I'm going to celebrate the birth of my Savior. It's not all about family and friends and gifts and what not, but it's about Christ. Thank God I was able to go before the Blessed Sacrament tonight to just be with God. I haven't done it in so long that I felt I was, in a sense, disconnected with God.
I hope that you haven't lost the real meaning of why we celebrate Christmas. If you have, then go to God. Pray to Him. As the cliche says, remember to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home