I finished "Tuesdays with Morrie." I started Saturday night and finished it this morning. Really good book. It was a very heart-warming story so definitely I would recommend it if you like that kind of reading material. Made me think about far more important things in life. We tend to think certain things in life are important, but then those things can seem so minuscule when we encounter certain situations in life. Craziness... So now that I finished this book, it's time for me to move on to my next one. Clay Aiken's book, "Learning to Sing." Yes, I'm a fan. His Christmas CD is good too! =)
Anyway, so we had an SFC meeting last night in which we had a great turnout. Praise God for that! It's funny because I didn't call any of my guys and most of them were there. Maybe I just shouldn't call and they'd come more often?? hahaha. Naw, I can't do that. Well, it wasn't really a meeting, more like a get together since it was our last "meeting" for the year. All we have left is our Christmas party in a couple weeks. But last night, it was fun.
We watched "Miracle" last night at the meeting. It was a really good movie. One of those inspirational kind of movies. I thought I was going to have tears, happy tears of course. But I didn't. However, I bet if I was watching it alone, I probably would have. hahaha. You should know by now, I'm a softy. =) I don't know, I get like that when I'm watching movies alone. Especially those kinds of movies... like something happy and inspirational and what not. You know what I'm talking about?? Eh... anyway...
Ok onto something a bit more personal. So I've been in this ministry for a long time now: over 8 years actually. Obviously I've come a long way and it's been quite the journey. It's consumed lots of my time, especially the latter half. Lots of mission trips, lots of camps, lots of service. I love what I do for this ministry! It helps me grow in many ways, allows me to meet lots of new people and make lots of new friends, all of it is just such a blessing. Now, it doesn't happen often, but it has before [don't ask when the last time occurred because I honestly couldn't tell you]. There are just those times when you just want to take a "break" from it all. Maybe that youth camp in Southwest FL put that feeling inside of me, but I was feeling like that. I knew about the SFC meeting we were going to have on Monday. But for some reason, I just didn't want to know about it. I read the e-mail once, but never again. I never put it in my calendar as a reminder [well I did put it in on Tuesday, the day after]. As much as I wanted to not remember, it was inevitable. I even acted like I forgot about it when people asked me if I was going.
The day of the meeting, I made the concrete decision that I was going to go. But I said to myself, I just hope I don't have to lead worship. I was on my way to daily mass and I got a text asking me to lead worship. God... you're so funny. It's funny how He works. When I got the text I just smiled. It was one of "those" kinds of smiles. I don't know how to explain it. So at mass I prayed for God to change my heart and attitude. He's so good to me. God has a great sense of humor. But praise God for how things worked out! And I have to thank my SFC sister for asking me to lead worship. Thank you!
I thank God for all the service He has given to me. You can never serve Him too much. It's always a blessing and a privilege to serve God. When you don't want to serve, pray that God will change your heart and that He will take those feelings away. You just might miss out on something spectacular that He is setting you up for. May God be praised!
Anyway, so we had an SFC meeting last night in which we had a great turnout. Praise God for that! It's funny because I didn't call any of my guys and most of them were there. Maybe I just shouldn't call and they'd come more often?? hahaha. Naw, I can't do that. Well, it wasn't really a meeting, more like a get together since it was our last "meeting" for the year. All we have left is our Christmas party in a couple weeks. But last night, it was fun.
We watched "Miracle" last night at the meeting. It was a really good movie. One of those inspirational kind of movies. I thought I was going to have tears, happy tears of course. But I didn't. However, I bet if I was watching it alone, I probably would have. hahaha. You should know by now, I'm a softy. =) I don't know, I get like that when I'm watching movies alone. Especially those kinds of movies... like something happy and inspirational and what not. You know what I'm talking about?? Eh... anyway...
Ok onto something a bit more personal. So I've been in this ministry for a long time now: over 8 years actually. Obviously I've come a long way and it's been quite the journey. It's consumed lots of my time, especially the latter half. Lots of mission trips, lots of camps, lots of service. I love what I do for this ministry! It helps me grow in many ways, allows me to meet lots of new people and make lots of new friends, all of it is just such a blessing. Now, it doesn't happen often, but it has before [don't ask when the last time occurred because I honestly couldn't tell you]. There are just those times when you just want to take a "break" from it all. Maybe that youth camp in Southwest FL put that feeling inside of me, but I was feeling like that. I knew about the SFC meeting we were going to have on Monday. But for some reason, I just didn't want to know about it. I read the e-mail once, but never again. I never put it in my calendar as a reminder [well I did put it in on Tuesday, the day after]. As much as I wanted to not remember, it was inevitable. I even acted like I forgot about it when people asked me if I was going.
The day of the meeting, I made the concrete decision that I was going to go. But I said to myself, I just hope I don't have to lead worship. I was on my way to daily mass and I got a text asking me to lead worship. God... you're so funny. It's funny how He works. When I got the text I just smiled. It was one of "those" kinds of smiles. I don't know how to explain it. So at mass I prayed for God to change my heart and attitude. He's so good to me. God has a great sense of humor. But praise God for how things worked out! And I have to thank my SFC sister for asking me to lead worship. Thank you!
I thank God for all the service He has given to me. You can never serve Him too much. It's always a blessing and a privilege to serve God. When you don't want to serve, pray that God will change your heart and that He will take those feelings away. You just might miss out on something spectacular that He is setting you up for. May God be praised!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home