Happy birthday to my brother who turned 24 today! I was surprised when I found out everyone here took off of work because of his birthday. Good stuff. We started out by going to daily mass, then it was off to lunch at Copeland's. That place is so good, yet, so expensive. All good because the parentals paid. Word! Ok after lunch we were going to go bowling on Mayport Base, how about they were closed! How ugly is that?! So we ended up going to the mall. I really need to save my money for when I go to California later this month. I bought me Fusion Frenzy for the X-box and this afro wig. hahaha. Don't ask why, I just wanted it. I was supposed to go out with my brother to Lynch's Irish Pub, but he hasn't called me yet. It's 1138pm, I don't think he's going to call. I usually don't go, but since it's his birthday I was going to. I guess I'm not going. Oh well, he probably forgot. Now I have nothing to do tonight. I could just head up there, but I kind of don't want to go alone. I'll just kick it here at home. Oh, after lunch we went to my massage school because my brother is going to go there. Interesting, ey? While up there, I looked up at the job board to see what's available. It was nice to be there, though no classes were in session and most teachers weren't there. I did get to see some people on the staff. Geez, I'm probabl boring you with that, but hey it was cool for me.
I'm in a blah kind of mood. Not really blah, just... solemn? I don't know. Because today my parents went to a viewing, and on Wednesday I have to go with my mom to the funeral. I really don't like going to these things because it's... well it's death. I know we all don't like to think about it, I for one am one of them. But then I think to myself, "to live is Christ, and to die is gain" [Phil 1:21, if I remember correctly]. Death is a sad thing, but then again, it's a glorious occassion! I mean, Jesus died, but something awesome came out of it. But when we think about us dying, where's the good in that? Life after death, eternal happiness with God, the kingdom of heaven... so much to look forward to. What about those who are left behind? We don't get to experience that happiness with the death of someone we know. We're left with sorrow and mourning, hard times ahead of us, loneliness, it just sucks. I like to look on the brighter side of things, but sometimes it's just hard to. Another thing this whole situation got me thinking about, when we have issues with people and then someone dies. We have all these issues and what not with someone, then they die. No chance to make things better or ask/receive forgivenesss or anything like that. It makes things seem so petty and not even worth being mad about. When death comes, it comes. Not exactly easy to avoid it. When God calls you from this place, that's it. It's hard to do, but we do need to try to not have issues with people. Especially those we love and are close to. Life is so precious and so short. Live life to the fullest, hold nothing back. I really need to do that. I hold so much back, I feel like I can do so much more, but I don't. I'm not exactly the kind of person to go out there and just do things. I'm timid, shy, quiet... sucks ey?
Think about it fellow readers. If death came to someone you know and love, how would you feel? Any regrets? Missed opportunities? It kind of makes you think, doesn't it? Death... what a concept................
Praise God!!
I'm in a blah kind of mood. Not really blah, just... solemn? I don't know. Because today my parents went to a viewing, and on Wednesday I have to go with my mom to the funeral. I really don't like going to these things because it's... well it's death. I know we all don't like to think about it, I for one am one of them. But then I think to myself, "to live is Christ, and to die is gain" [Phil 1:21, if I remember correctly]. Death is a sad thing, but then again, it's a glorious occassion! I mean, Jesus died, but something awesome came out of it. But when we think about us dying, where's the good in that? Life after death, eternal happiness with God, the kingdom of heaven... so much to look forward to. What about those who are left behind? We don't get to experience that happiness with the death of someone we know. We're left with sorrow and mourning, hard times ahead of us, loneliness, it just sucks. I like to look on the brighter side of things, but sometimes it's just hard to. Another thing this whole situation got me thinking about, when we have issues with people and then someone dies. We have all these issues and what not with someone, then they die. No chance to make things better or ask/receive forgivenesss or anything like that. It makes things seem so petty and not even worth being mad about. When death comes, it comes. Not exactly easy to avoid it. When God calls you from this place, that's it. It's hard to do, but we do need to try to not have issues with people. Especially those we love and are close to. Life is so precious and so short. Live life to the fullest, hold nothing back. I really need to do that. I hold so much back, I feel like I can do so much more, but I don't. I'm not exactly the kind of person to go out there and just do things. I'm timid, shy, quiet... sucks ey?
Think about it fellow readers. If death came to someone you know and love, how would you feel? Any regrets? Missed opportunities? It kind of makes you think, doesn't it? Death... what a concept................
Praise God!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home