Monday, August 04, 2003

I'm crazy tired, but today is just too wonderful to not post about. Though my day started off rather weird, it all ended up extremely nicely. I had to take my parentals to a drop off point because they went out of town. We left the house around 330am, after I got about 2 hours of rest, picked up two other people, then I dropped them off. I went home and it was onto the computer for me for another hour. I attempted to sleep, but woke up twice. Not cool at all. I actually got up late for work... again! All good, I haven't exactly been feeling the commissary lately. Then again, my friends there are really dope. Anyway, off to the good stuff...

We had a YFC Leaders' Meeting today at the Cunamay's house. Everything actually ran pretty normally, which was fine. After our meeting, some of the guys were playing Halo for hours and hours and hours! hahaha. I brought over my brother's X-Box so we could play Halo there. Fun times, fun times. Sean Viray was the one to beat, but no one could. Oh well, we tried. Anyway, after long endless hours of getting killed in Halo, we had yet another meeting. I must say, this meeting really opened my eyes. Not necessarily because of what was said, though that too had an extreme impact on me. I was just in awe of what went down. Derrick Viray, Mark Villegas, and Noel Masinsin were talking on the bus on the way home from conference and they wrote down a lot of ideas for the Revolution of YFC JAX. I must say, I was totally blown away by what Derrick talked about. Lots of awesome ideas, and it was just amazing that it was coming from him! Please, don't take that the wrong way. It's just I was totally surprised that he was raising all these ideas and what not up to us. And that's a good thing! We need more of that to happen here. That showed me people here can step up and take the initiative in gettings things done. A vision was brought about through all the things he talked about. Dude man, it may seem hard and even impossible, but we can definitely do it! With lots of hard work and determination, it can be done! The fire is burning within us, and we're going to spread that fire across the whole YFC Southeast Region! I was really inspired with that second meeting we had. The idea of us sharing the same vision, the same goal, and all of us working on accomplishing things together... it's just amazing! I'm glad to see YFC JAX getting things started with the whole Revolution. We're going to start to a revolution here in Jacksonville, and it's going to be an incredible journey!

Watch out everyone! The spirit of the Lord is going to be moving here in Jacksonville, FL. And we're going to help spread that spirit to everyone! YFC or not, asian/filipino or not, Christian or not... we're going to spread the word of God through our actions, and if necessary, with words. Can you feel the excitement brewing within?!! It's an amazing feeling! Words just can't do justice what I experienced tonight. Totally inspiring... I love it! Awesome job brothers and sisters!

So much to say... but it'd be kind of redundant. Hm... I can hang with Sean in Halo... kind of. =) It was just an awesome day! I hope you feel the same way I do. God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good! Word!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home