I was supposed to go to a big garage sale Saturday morning, but silly me woke up late and didn't go. I was going to buy me this filing cabinet thing because I have so much YFC stuff in my room and I'm running out of places to put them! Because I woke up late, not only did I miss the garage sale, I was a little late for work at the good old commissary. It felt like a long day at work, and I wish there were some stories to tell but there really just isn't any. However, I am getting that feeling of wanting to get out of there. My job search needs to pick up.
It feels different to go to mass on Saturday instead of Sunday. Me, my dad, and my brother went because my parents are going to be out of town from Sunday until Tuesday. The mass seemed pretty dull. Both songs, entrance and recessional hymn, as well as parts of the mass were done acapella. It really is much different without the music. Thank God for music and choirs! I love music, it just makes things more... better. =) Oh man, you know that part of mass where we give each other a sign of peace? Well, I went to shake hands with this one guy, and as we shook hands he also winks at me. I'm like, what the? But he did the same thing to my brother! hahaha. We were both like, whoa!! Weirdness, oh well I guess you just had to be there. Anyway...
I hit up a Chapter Teaching Night out in Baymeadows. It was all about knowing God's will. Great teaching, if only I had taken notes and brought my Bible with me. Boo on me, ey? Afterwards we just hung out over there doing whatever. Oh my gosh Lendl cut her hair! I was like, no!! Not that it was bad or anything because she's still as cute as ever. It's just I prefer long hair. I like it when girls play with their hair. I don't know, it's just... wow. hahaha.
Anyway, check this out. I was thinking about this tonight while at the teaching. I'm always telling myself I want to grow deeper in my faith and get to know God on another level. I want to mature spiritually by doing new things and learning new things. But it seems like when opportunities arise for that to happen, I find ways to avoid it. For example, I was asked to be the team leader of the next SFC CLP. I told them I'd check my schedule and see if I was available. What kind of?!! Check my schedule?!! I mean, this is a perfect [hi express twin!! hehehe.] opportunity for me to grow spiritually because it's something I haven't done, and yet I say, I'll check my schedule. Why couldn't I just be like, "yes of course I'll do it!"
As I was thinking about this whole situation, I came to some conclusions. I'm scared of change. I like things the way they are because I'm comfortable with things and I know what's up. But why should I be scared? Things change everyday, and I've gone through lots of changes over the years. I tell you, I'm such a pansy! Another thing I'm scared of is leaving YFC. YFC is what I know, maybe not in depth as Kuya Abner knew it, but it's what I know and I like that. I guess you can say I'm a little scared to leave YFC because I know things will be different. Once I leave it, then it's off to SFC head on. I'm also scared to leave YFC because I feel as though they're not ready for me to leave. I don't want to leave while if I feel like they're not ready, I want to be sure things will be all good, if not better, after my departure as Co-Cluster Head. I love YFC... I love the people I've gotten to meet and know through YFC. But then again, I love SFC and I long to be with them more and more. I'm always saddened when I miss out on SFC stuff, and usually it's because I'm busy doing YFC stuff. But hey, right now YFC is my calling and my mission. I can't deny that. When God calls me to my mission in SFC, then it's time to say goodbye to being cluster head of YFC.
God's will... that's what the teaching was about tonight. I constantly wonder what God wants me to do or where he wants me to go. I'll I have to do is just pray about it, be quiet, and listen. He'll show me the way, He'll give me the answers. Proverbs 3:5-7, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths."
Try saying this every morning and listen to what God has to say to you: "Lord, what do you want me to do today? Where do you want me to go?" After all, it's all about His plan, not ours.
"The Lord is my light, and my salvation, whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear."
It feels different to go to mass on Saturday instead of Sunday. Me, my dad, and my brother went because my parents are going to be out of town from Sunday until Tuesday. The mass seemed pretty dull. Both songs, entrance and recessional hymn, as well as parts of the mass were done acapella. It really is much different without the music. Thank God for music and choirs! I love music, it just makes things more... better. =) Oh man, you know that part of mass where we give each other a sign of peace? Well, I went to shake hands with this one guy, and as we shook hands he also winks at me. I'm like, what the? But he did the same thing to my brother! hahaha. We were both like, whoa!! Weirdness, oh well I guess you just had to be there. Anyway...
I hit up a Chapter Teaching Night out in Baymeadows. It was all about knowing God's will. Great teaching, if only I had taken notes and brought my Bible with me. Boo on me, ey? Afterwards we just hung out over there doing whatever. Oh my gosh Lendl cut her hair! I was like, no!! Not that it was bad or anything because she's still as cute as ever. It's just I prefer long hair. I like it when girls play with their hair. I don't know, it's just... wow. hahaha.
Anyway, check this out. I was thinking about this tonight while at the teaching. I'm always telling myself I want to grow deeper in my faith and get to know God on another level. I want to mature spiritually by doing new things and learning new things. But it seems like when opportunities arise for that to happen, I find ways to avoid it. For example, I was asked to be the team leader of the next SFC CLP. I told them I'd check my schedule and see if I was available. What kind of?!! Check my schedule?!! I mean, this is a perfect [hi express twin!! hehehe.] opportunity for me to grow spiritually because it's something I haven't done, and yet I say, I'll check my schedule. Why couldn't I just be like, "yes of course I'll do it!"
As I was thinking about this whole situation, I came to some conclusions. I'm scared of change. I like things the way they are because I'm comfortable with things and I know what's up. But why should I be scared? Things change everyday, and I've gone through lots of changes over the years. I tell you, I'm such a pansy! Another thing I'm scared of is leaving YFC. YFC is what I know, maybe not in depth as Kuya Abner knew it, but it's what I know and I like that. I guess you can say I'm a little scared to leave YFC because I know things will be different. Once I leave it, then it's off to SFC head on. I'm also scared to leave YFC because I feel as though they're not ready for me to leave. I don't want to leave while if I feel like they're not ready, I want to be sure things will be all good, if not better, after my departure as Co-Cluster Head. I love YFC... I love the people I've gotten to meet and know through YFC. But then again, I love SFC and I long to be with them more and more. I'm always saddened when I miss out on SFC stuff, and usually it's because I'm busy doing YFC stuff. But hey, right now YFC is my calling and my mission. I can't deny that. When God calls me to my mission in SFC, then it's time to say goodbye to being cluster head of YFC.
God's will... that's what the teaching was about tonight. I constantly wonder what God wants me to do or where he wants me to go. I'll I have to do is just pray about it, be quiet, and listen. He'll show me the way, He'll give me the answers. Proverbs 3:5-7, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths."
Try saying this every morning and listen to what God has to say to you: "Lord, what do you want me to do today? Where do you want me to go?" After all, it's all about His plan, not ours.
"The Lord is my light, and my salvation, whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home