Nothing really to talk about today. I don't think you want to hear about my boring day. So I'll just talk about something else. Throughout the day I've been reading people's blogspots/xangas about their conference experience. Some quite fascinating, others very lengthy, and yet others very... whatever. =) As I was reading, I think all the first timers found the conference to be awesome moreso than the veteran conference goers. I'm not saying the conference wasn't awesome, I just think the first timers think very highly of it because it is their first time seeing it and experiencing it. That wasn't exactly true for me at my first conference which was back in 1997 in Toronto, Canada. I think the awesomeness of conference hit me the following year in New Jersey. However, things just never seemed the same after my conference experience in 1999 when it was held here in Jacksonville, Florida. Now that was a conference like no other! What made things even more awesome was that the following year in Seattle I had yet another awesome conference experience. Jacksonville and Seattle are definitely my favorite conferences. Like my good buddy Jon Torres, I found extreme joy in seeing all the young ones, most especially the "conference virgins," having an extremely awesome time at conference. Normally your first conference is one of the best. Experiencing it all for the first time is just so... wow! Kind of like making love. hahaha. So I would think. =) Anyway, I can babble on and on about this, but I think I'm going to stop on that subject.
I hear this one song quite a bit when I go to the gym. I like the refrain to it, it goes like this: "Your love, is everything I live for. Your voice, is what I hear. Your touch, is everything I dreamed of. Cuz you're the one, the one that I need." I know it's more on the secular side, but when I first really listened to the song, I was thinking how that can kind of relate to God in our lives. I mean think about it, it makes sense. We live for God's love; though not literally, we hear his voice in our hearts; God touches us in so many ways, and it's just awesome when he does; and God really is the One that we need. How awesome is that?!! Okay maybe not to you, but it is to me.
Tonight, I leave you with one word... DOIKEE!!!!!!!
I hear this one song quite a bit when I go to the gym. I like the refrain to it, it goes like this: "Your love, is everything I live for. Your voice, is what I hear. Your touch, is everything I dreamed of. Cuz you're the one, the one that I need." I know it's more on the secular side, but when I first really listened to the song, I was thinking how that can kind of relate to God in our lives. I mean think about it, it makes sense. We live for God's love; though not literally, we hear his voice in our hearts; God touches us in so many ways, and it's just awesome when he does; and God really is the One that we need. How awesome is that?!! Okay maybe not to you, but it is to me.
Tonight, I leave you with one word... DOIKEE!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home