What a great day! Me and my brother went to the gym and worked out together. Today marks the first day I put up 200 lbs. on the bench. Yay for me! I've probably been able to do it for a while, but I've just never had anyone to spot me just in case. Finally, I hit that 200 pound mark. I was ecstatic about it! =) Anyway, I had a really good workout today and that made me happy. I can actually still feel the soreness right now. Woohoo! Anyway, today was day one of our practices for our upcoming Testify performance. I'm really excited because we haven't done it for a long while. Some veteran Testify dancers are back, and quite a bit of new comers. All good all good, we'll get them to where they're supposed to be. We worked on groups 3 and 4, and we'll hit up groups 1 and 2 next week. I'm going to work on group 1 because I've done 3 and 4 so many times already. It's time for change. =) The first practice went really well. They got pretty much the first half of groups 3/4 down pretty well. Just wait until I get my hands on them... I'm going to drill them hard! Be afraid... be very afraid. I begin my quest on learning group 1 Thursday because I let Tim borrow a tape so he can relearn group 2 and teach that next week. These next few weeks are going to be loads of fun! Yay for Testify!
Mission: learn Testify group 1 and begin teaching it next week. Get some of the old school YFC.ers to come back to perform with us. Perfect all 4 groups by August 6. Drill groups 3/4 until they hate me [I may not be able to do it much if I'm learning group 1]. =)
Challenge for this week: convince parentals to let me go and drive to Tampa for the camp. Current status: dad doesn't know, mom said no... just not sure if she said it jokingly or not. Know by Wednesday...
Feeling: excited! Mostly because of Testify. When I was watching the video earlier, I just had a rush of those old feelings come back and I was just like... wow! It was like I had that high from when we did the Variety Show. See everyone... you don't need camps or conferences to get that spiritual high. I'm high on God! Woohoo!
Lastly, after practice some of us were standing outside waiting for rides to come. Well, we saw this helicopter circling an area nearby and some of the people with us *ahem* kristine *ahem* were freaking out. I mean it's totally understandable because we were in a rather dark parking lot all alone with trees and what not surrounding us. Since some were kind of freaked out, I kept looking around to make sure no one was around. Even if there was, only thing I could've done was get everyone in my car then drive off. There was like, 10 of us?!! The helicopter actually put their spotlight on us two times, but eventually they flew off. Very interesting, ey? I thought so...
Mission: learn Testify group 1 and begin teaching it next week. Get some of the old school YFC.ers to come back to perform with us. Perfect all 4 groups by August 6. Drill groups 3/4 until they hate me [I may not be able to do it much if I'm learning group 1]. =)
Challenge for this week: convince parentals to let me go and drive to Tampa for the camp. Current status: dad doesn't know, mom said no... just not sure if she said it jokingly or not. Know by Wednesday...
Feeling: excited! Mostly because of Testify. When I was watching the video earlier, I just had a rush of those old feelings come back and I was just like... wow! It was like I had that high from when we did the Variety Show. See everyone... you don't need camps or conferences to get that spiritual high. I'm high on God! Woohoo!
Lastly, after practice some of us were standing outside waiting for rides to come. Well, we saw this helicopter circling an area nearby and some of the people with us *ahem* kristine *ahem* were freaking out. I mean it's totally understandable because we were in a rather dark parking lot all alone with trees and what not surrounding us. Since some were kind of freaked out, I kept looking around to make sure no one was around. Even if there was, only thing I could've done was get everyone in my car then drive off. There was like, 10 of us?!! The helicopter actually put their spotlight on us two times, but eventually they flew off. Very interesting, ey? I thought so...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home