Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's good to be home.

Wow, I've been home 5 days now and I'm just now getting some time to blog. It's been fantabulous being here again. But of course, it's only temporary. Oh well. At least I'm home for a bit and I've been keeping busy doing stuff. Sorry if I haven't had time to see some of you yet. Hm... so this is a taste of what real married life is like? Nice. Busy, but nice.

I got back last Friday night and we pretty much just chilled and rested. After unloading stuff at the parents' house, we came home and unloaded my stuff and relaxed. Very relaxing night it was! We finally watched Cold Mountain! Great movie. She loves that movie, it's one of her favorites.

It was a nice laid back weekend. We hit the gym which felt nice! I normally don't like the treadmill, but it felt good to run again. It was the wifey's first time back in a while but she felt good afterwards also. We finally had our date to Bruster's which, like Cold Mountain, was supposed to be done last year before I had left. All good, at least we're still doing the things we had planned. Woohoo! Stopped by the Commissary for some groceries and saw some familiar faces. It's always good to visit that place and see those familiar faces. Checked out the Youth's pre-con rally. Definitely nice to see them again. Made me think of my time with them. Take a moment with me and reflect on those days... and the moment's over. Good stuff. Had lunch with Zel on Sunday so he could pay his debt that he owed. hahaha. Our tradition of Wasabi's continues... good stuff. Met up with the Youth at Abess park to play some sports. Fun stuff... except when I got on the tennis court I found out how bad I am now. hahaha. Oh well, I guess I have a lot to learn again. Mass with the wifey... I missed that. It felt nice to be with her at mass again. Very nice.

I started my RAP duty on Monday. It's really not that bad. Pretty easy thus far, not too strenuous at all. I got some good insight about my first duty station which one of the recruiters was stationed at. Some good things, some not so good. Oh well, we'll make the most of it. At least we have each other, right? Right! Woohoo! =) But yah, RAP is pretty cool. Two more weeks of this and I'm off to my first assignment. Oh joy, oh bliss. Can you hear the excitement in my typing?? hahahaha. I had lunch with the wifey on Monday during my break so that was nice. I stopped by the parentals after RAP to start cleaning around my room so I can do some packing for the big trip. Also, I didn't have a key to the other house. =) It's cool because I was able to get a couple things done while I was there. Since RAP doesn't usually go all day, I was able to stop by the Town Center to do some shopping. I need to figure out what I'm going to buy the wifey for her birthday next week. I did, however, buy her a birthday party gift. hahaha. She hasn't tried it on yet, but hopefully it fits because it's the last one of that size!

Tuesday we did some grocery shopping at BJ's and the Commissary. I was still in uniform when we went to both places. Briefly talked with a guy at BJ's who used to be in the military. I thanked him for his service and he did the same to me. Nice. At the Commissary I saw once again my former co-workers as well as some people I knew who were shopping. They were going on about how I lost weight and how good I'm looking in the uniform. Um... okay? hahaha. Ok I don't see it. I don't think I lost weight and I don't think I look that much different besides the uniform. Oh well. Thanks for the compliments! I'm blushing. hehehe. Mr. Eric came by to do his knife presentation. To make a long story short, the wifey and I bought our first set of knives! Woohoo! We're now on our way to having our own kitchen set. Funny moment... Eric was talking about one of the safest knives they have and then GASP! I cut myself while trying it. Not too bad of a cut, but I needed some ointment and bandaids. Oh well. It was kind of funny. =)

Anyway, yah I've been pretty busy doing stuff here and there. Despite that, I do hope I'll be able to see people before I leave. I know I still have lots to do, but hopefully time will permit me to do visits with people. I'm enjoying my time here, especially the time with the wifey and the family. But soon enough, the reality of moving is going to hit hard. Little by little, the preps are being done. Craziness. It's Wednesday now... time is going by. I brought lunch to the wifey so that was a nice thing. Now I'm here at the house, alone. Lots of my stuff is just sitting in the corner. It reminds me that we're leaving. Wow, it's really happening...

1 Comments:

Blogger abi said...

phew.. i am such a slacker... oh i take that back.. i've been just a little too busy..

but yeah, i guess it's all happening now. very soon and too many things going on, on both our sides. wow, we're finally moving to montana and living together each and everyday of our glorious lives.
it's so nice to see you everyday now, have lunch, meet at home, grocery shopping, you waking me up, eating left-overs (as of press time, you're sitting across eating lunch as i type away), doing our laundry etcetera, etcetera..

i love you baby - very much. and yes, it's really happening.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home