Monday, December 08, 2003

You know what, I haven't had a dream for a while now. Word! hahaha. Anyway, I must say it was quite the weekend. In the midst of trials and hardships, God truly showed himself to me. I was in Kendall this past weekend for a YFC Camp. I was originally supposed to go to Naples but they cancelled their camp, so it was off to Kendall. I swung by Gainesville to pick up Jonna. Anzel led the camp training we had Friday night, which I wasn't really focused on. That night I got bad news, Brother Bong had passed. That was all I could think about that night. I left the house just to pray, I don't think anyone noticed.

Anyway, the camp went really well. We started Saturday, so you can imagine how cramped the day was. But all in all, everything went great. Anzel led a great camp. Obviously the turning point for him at camp was when he was giving his talk. Something amazing happened and for the rest of the camp, he was a totally different person. God's Spirit had totally consumed him and used him in an awesome way. If only you could've seen him. Unfortunately, I missed some stuff because I was in the prayover room getting things ready and what not. But during prayovers, Anzel was still being moved by the Spirit. I saw him outside the meeting hall praying with some of the brothers, and he came to the prayover room to pray over me, and he prayed over Jonna and Jeremy after they were done doing the music in the pray over room. I mean totally amazing! The next thing was the bonfire activity and the worship. Words do not give justice as of what happened there. Simply amazing! The words, the passion, the conviction Anzel had... he was at a whole new level! I was utterly inspired that night. During prayovers, I was in the pray over room. I was praying for guidance in something that I am discerning about. God gave me my answer. Praise God! I beleive God first started showing me the answer during my confession with the priest earlier that day. Then during prayovers, God gave me a definite answer. He told me what I have to do. I thank God for answering my prayer and for giving me direction.

So many things to talk about concerning camp, so many good times. Anzel starting calling me "Mr. Youth Camp" for some reason. hahaha. It was funny. I got to see my South Florida brothers and sisters which was totally awesome. I miss those kids. Wish I could've seen more of them, but it's all good. Another time I'm sure. After camp we were talking about hanging out a bit, but we didn't. Jonna and I made our way to Orlando to meet up with Kiko. After a little dinner and some rest, we all went our separate ways. Praise God for getting me home safely.

God is truly awesome! He gave me direction, now it's up to me to do the work. Praise God for the work He did this past weekend. The fire was brought back to some brothers and sisters who have strayed away, for some the fire that was there was just totally consuming them, and others... the fire was just starting. I thank God for the work He did down in Kendall. Though I may have missed some things here in Jacksonville while I was gone, I thank God for allowing me to be in Kendall where He gave me the direction and the words I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home