Monday, September 22, 2003

So the weekend comes to an end, and I must say it was quite a wonderful one! I started out with work at the Commissary once again. While there, I saw Uncle Rick, Erika's dad. I was surprised to see him because I thought they all spent the night in O.P. We talked a bit, and he told me to stop by tonight. I was like, ok sure but I'll need directions. I actually had no intention of driving to O.P. but after getting the invite from Uncle I decided to. After work I hit up the SFC CLP which I think went well. Unexpected things happened, but nothing we couldn't deal with. Praise God! I was surprised to see one of the participants because it's someone I know and I honestly didn't even think she would be interested. I guess this goes to show you that people can and do chage for the better. I haven't seen her for a long time, but it was really nice to see her there. We talked a bit, but not too long unfortunately. Actually, I was surprised she remember me. Coolness! =) Anyway, Happy Birthday Melissa Mafla! After the CLP, I went to Mafla's house for a little birthday get together. Those Mafla's always have great parties! I wanted to stay longer, but I left after about an hour of being there so I could hit up Orange Park and visit Erika. I picked up Vanessa and Kristine because I knew they would want to visit her, too bad Nory couldn't come with. But yah, we got to the house and chilled and what not. Fun times... I miss those times. Unfortunately it was only a couple hours, but it was still dope to be with her again. Next time will be when the semester is over in December, so long! We left about 1030pm and the three of us plus Steven went to Kristine's house and watched "The Hot Chick" [I think that's what it's called] with Nory and the parentals. Fun stuff. Oh gosh, there was this one scene in the movie where the parents were getting all intimate and what not, and I go... "Do you and Uncle ever get like that?" hahaha. Kristine's like, "Kuya?!!!" I just drag on the topic a little further with Kristine telling me to stop.... =)

Ok so we leave after the movie, I take Vanessa home and then I chill at Steven's house to spend a little more time with Erika. We talked and what not... just hanging and stuff. Their parents come home from O.P. and they join us as we talk. Funny stuff we talked about, some of which cannot be mentioned. Erika forbids me to mention certain things. =\ hahaha. Honestly, I can't remember some of the things we talked about. Some things talked about... thongs, Erika being a "magnet," uh... my gosh see what a bad memory I have! Anyway, after all that I went home at 230am.

Sunday was pretty straight. I hit up the CFC Cluster Assembly and chilled and what not. Fun stuff I guess. How about, I think someone stole my sunglasses! We were cleaning up after the assembly, and I had put my sunglasses in my hat and I upt them in a room since no one would really go in there. Someone cleaned out that room and moved all the stuff on a table near the entrance of the hall where everyone walks into. I didn't know this, or else I would've got my stuff and watched it or put it in my car. Anyway, later on Kristine gives me my hat, and I'm like... "Where's my sunglasses?" We look around where the stuff was, in the room... but nothing! Man that totally sucks that someone would just take it. Oh well, it can be replaced. But I don't recall Express for Men having the same ones. =\ All good I guess, I'll just find some new ones somewhere else. After taking some people home, I went back to the hall to take care of some business. While there, I saw my Ninang whom I haven't seen in a while. So we get to talking, and she gives me this whole thing about my future and jobs and what not. Gosh, always looking out for meh. =) Not that I don't appreciate it or anything... Anyway the rest of the night I spent at home watching none other than the 5th Annual CFC-YFC National Leaders Conference which was held here in Jacksonville, FL back in 1999. I've watched 2 of the 6 tapes. I must say, I'm so not impressed with the camera person and the audio is just not good quality. But it'll work I guess. Pretty dope because it just brings me back to that time and I'm just like... *sigh* I saw some old school YFC people and again... *sigh*

I'm still living that Great Adventure! And it's not stopping just yet! Serving God is definitely a Great Adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home