My first race.
Today I ran my first race. It was the Ice Breaker Road Race, 5-miler. It was a really great experience and I had a blast just being there. I ran it with my supervisor from work. He's more of a runner than I am, but he kept pace with me through the entire run. It was definitely easier to run with someone than to run by yourself. But... I made it! Praise God I made it! During the 5-mile run, I only walked at the water stations. That 5-miles doesn't sound like much, but it sure felt like a lot! I was definitely hurting in several places, but I pulled through. I can only imagine what the marathon is going to feel like... assuming I make it to that point.
I'm guessing that if you actually care about my run, you're wondering what my time was. Well, I did better than I thought I would. I was thinking I'd come close to around 50-55 minutes. I actually did my 5-mile run in 44 minutes 04 seconds! I was very happy with my results. Praise God!
Now my legs need to rest and recover for a 5-K run coming up on Friday that I plan to do. I'm aiming for under 30 minutes which shouldn't be too difficult... I hope.
I'm guessing that if you actually care about my run, you're wondering what my time was. Well, I did better than I thought I would. I was thinking I'd come close to around 50-55 minutes. I actually did my 5-mile run in 44 minutes 04 seconds! I was very happy with my results. Praise God!
Now my legs need to rest and recover for a 5-K run coming up on Friday that I plan to do. I'm aiming for under 30 minutes which shouldn't be too difficult... I hope.

4 Comments:
yay! i'm proud of you joe! 44.04 is good! hope you could run the jacksonville bank marathon with us.
btw, thanks for praying for swr2! it's another victory for God! we had a blast!
u just want to be like me! hahaha. miss you!
thanks ate bel! i find it harder to run up here because of the higher altitude. breathing for me is definitely a challenge.
praise God for a spirit filled weekend!
meeh? be like you? in your dreams! hahaha. hope you're doin well. miss you too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home