Saturday, April 22, 2006

What are your talents?

I went to an open mic night over here. It's a nice way for other Airmen to showcase their talents. I was pretty impressed by some of the acts that went up there. It made me think... what are my talents? I've asked myself that question many times, but I have yet to come up with something that I'm really good at. I mean, not just good, but pretty darn good. No great music abilities, nothing in sports, nothing. Or maybe I'm just too hard on myself? I don't know. I've metioned this to others and they say I have many talents. I guess I just don't see myself the way others do. I guess I just don't see that the things I do are great like other people say. I do think I'm good at several things, I just don't excel in them. Oh well. Not that I'm complaining or anyting.

So like, I sent a random text message to some friends. It was nice to hear back from them. Some texted back, some called. I didn't receive any of the calls because I was at open mic night. Oh well. Good to hear their voice through voice mail. I've pretty much been texting all night, mostly to the wifey. She's at a restaurant for dinner with all the parentals and some others. Again, I wish I was there. It sucks that she has to go to all these without me by her side. Sad...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pretend to be talented so that people will like me.
lol.
=P

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your brother are experts at being amateurs in EVERYTHING!!!! :)

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

awww gabs you dont have to pretend so people will like you! i like you how you are. =)

avjv... OUSTANDING!! hahaha. i like that one. its actually pretty accurate.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger abi said...

oh my gosh.. bebe, you're talented. i know you are, like your service in volleyball (that's a killer), i missed you so much when i was playing last easter picnic. i know i could not do it just as good as you do, But i can return it! AHA!! and many others just left unsaid.

i missed you again tonight (sobra!), specially being surrounded and brainwashed by all these married women, crazy ladies!! but funny, too funny!

soon bebe!! oh and i LOVE THE CARD! that's sooo sweet, DESSERTS that is!
I LOVE YOU SO, BEBE! =)

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:58:00 AM  
Blogger joe said...

aww baby!! hehehe. thanks muchos. =) i miss playing v-ball with you. practicing our serves and just hitting back and forth. i really loved those times.

wish i could've been with you the whole weekend since you were surrounded by all the married couples every day this weekend. hehehe. craziness.

and i'm glad you loved the card! yah beb it made me think of you. desserts... the $3000 smile... you being all stressed... it just seemed fitting.

I LOVE YOU BABY!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger abi said...

i missed you again today at lunch with all the parentals and married people. oh well... i miss you so. i love you bebe!!! few more days baby!! =)

i love you!!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. ok.. so i don't pretend.
yet i just say that so i don't turn out all snobby.
i hate snobs.
but i got skill. haha.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home