This past weekend was pretty dope. The Discovery Camp was a success and it seemed as though most, if not all, of the participants had fun. When Uncle Phil came to my house Friday to pick me up, he called me from my drive way telling me I had to drive. Gee thanks Uncle Phil for the early notice. hahaha. It's all good though, not a big deal. I love to drive anyway. =) I don't really want to go through the weekend in every little detail. There would just be so much to say. For me, the weekend was pretty much a chill time, though I did have my own responsibilities to do.
I ended up giving 2 sharings: 1 for "Friends for Life" and 1 for "When I Fall in Love." The first sharing was pretty simple and upbeat for the most part. Definitely a successful sharing. The latter sharing was definitely much harder to give. Took more preparation in deciding what to share and how to deliver it. What made it even harder was giving in front of the Youth of my own area. I think only 3 of them have heard me share it before. I ended up crying during the sharing, it was just an emotional thing for me. But praise God because this, too, was a successful sharing. I really do hope the sharing was able to touch others out there so they won't fall into the same mistake that I fell into. I received compliments from the CFC about my second sharing. It definitely wasn't expected, but it was nice to hear that they felt I delivered a powerful sharing that would hopefully empower the Youth.
The skit of the service team was quite... interesting. hahaha. Mark did an okay job of portraying me. =) I liked the portrayal of Ada, now that was funny! Great stuff it was. Much props to that group and the one's who came up with the ideas.
After all the performances and what not, they had a little birthday thing for those celebrating for the month. In the back, I caked Celeste. It was only a small piece on her nose. Then she got a little on my forehead. Then we both got Krissy together, it wasn't a little. After that incident, things just got out of hand. Before the night was over, a lot of people got caked. I think the worse was Lendl, Alvin, and Zel. Cake on their faces, clothes, and hair. Oh, did I mention some of them went even further than the cake? Try peanut butter and jelly as well as Nutella. hahaha. Crazy kids! And to think, it all started with me caking Celeste on her nose. =) All in good fun.
Being forced into doing the Power Dance wasn't all that bad. Maybe if we practiced once it would've looked a little better. I gave in to dance it just because I probably wouldn't get the chance to dance with the Youth again. Even though it was just a small thing, it was fun for me. Good times performing with them... I miss it. It seemed like a lot of them forgot most of the dance. I pretty much knew it, so I was good. =)
The whole prayover thing after Zel's talk was just grand. Each area was asked to get together and pray for one another. It was supposed to be a little healing but mostly empowering kind of prayover. I stood back and watched as each area got together. Then I prayed over them all on my own. At one point while I was praying, I opened my eyes and I see the Jax group coming to me. I knew what was coming. It was like Conference all over again. Yet another big group hug for me. I didn't cry, but I did have tear or two. =) I really love these guys. I'm going to miss them like crazy.
After all was said and done, it was time to clean up. But before that, of course we had to have a photo session. Yay for the old school group! hahaha. It was definitely great to see everyone again and to chill with them even if it was only for the weekend. After we left the main hall, it was time for a little off-roading. hahaha. Talk about fun! Since it had rained quite a bit, there were puddles and what not along the dirt roads. We hit all the puddles we could at fast speeds. It was so much fun! After that, my car was so dirty! hahaha. Dirty water all over the car! Craziness! We were trying to get some people wet, but it wasn't safe because there were more cars around. Oh well...
The ride home was pretty fun. There were four vehicles: Uncle Phil, Kuya Mon, Nina [though Jason was driving], and myself. I don't know how it all started, but we ended up playing on the road. The goal was to alway be the lead car. Actually, I don't think Uncle Phil was playing, but he just happened to be going as fast as we were. Anyway, it was a lot of fun trying to keep the lead and prevent the others from passing by. I made the best move. I was in the right lane and Jason was pulling up on my left. He was about to pass me, but then I pointed to one of the gas station signs to tell him we were getting gas. He slowed down and got behind me. Then I sped up and changed lanes and kept the lead. Word! hahaha. It was such a great move! hahaha.
We stopped with the games just because we all got separated for whatever reason. Besides, it got dark. We didn't stop until we got back to Jax where we went to dinner. We found out Nina cried twice during the ride home. One reason was because of the game we were playing while driving. haha. Sorry Nina! Anyway, we ate, we chilled, we went home. It was a great weekend! I know I left out a lot of stuff, but I'm old and I can't remember everything. hahaha. =)
I got home around 10pm last night and was in bed by 1030pm. Texted two people to let them know I was home, then I fell asleep. Slept for over 11 hours which was great! Felt so good and revived from a great weekend. I had quite a bit to do today, and I still have more things to take care of. But all that isn't too interesting. I'm sure you don't want to hear about it all. Besides, I've written enough, right?
More snippets from this past weekend...
Picture Ada yawning and talking at the same time. Then I say... Wow Ada I didn't know you spoke whale! [if you watched "Finding Nemo" you'd appreciate this comment]
Yana really really really REALLY does not like me! I even made her a name tag, but she wouldn't take it from me. I had to give it to Lendl. I gave it to Lendl after I threw it on the ground out of frustration. Blahness...
I finally got to see and chill with Jonna!
Old school YFC... awesome!
Staying at the hotel wasn't too great.
Still got to talk with Abi while I was there. =) I called her Friday night after we got to the hotel.
I think a little 12 year old was flirting with me. Hm... maybe she was 13. I don't know... it doesn't matter though. =)
Jax CFC Youth... awesome! Wish you all could've went and experienced this weekend.
CFC Youth of Florida... wow! I love you all. Definitely going to miss you all. Hopefully I'll still get to see a lot of you before I peace out.
God... you're amazing! Thanks for an awesome weekend with the Youth. Thanks for allowing me to serve You the way You wanted me to. May God be praised!
I ended up giving 2 sharings: 1 for "Friends for Life" and 1 for "When I Fall in Love." The first sharing was pretty simple and upbeat for the most part. Definitely a successful sharing. The latter sharing was definitely much harder to give. Took more preparation in deciding what to share and how to deliver it. What made it even harder was giving in front of the Youth of my own area. I think only 3 of them have heard me share it before. I ended up crying during the sharing, it was just an emotional thing for me. But praise God because this, too, was a successful sharing. I really do hope the sharing was able to touch others out there so they won't fall into the same mistake that I fell into. I received compliments from the CFC about my second sharing. It definitely wasn't expected, but it was nice to hear that they felt I delivered a powerful sharing that would hopefully empower the Youth.
The skit of the service team was quite... interesting. hahaha. Mark did an okay job of portraying me. =) I liked the portrayal of Ada, now that was funny! Great stuff it was. Much props to that group and the one's who came up with the ideas.
After all the performances and what not, they had a little birthday thing for those celebrating for the month. In the back, I caked Celeste. It was only a small piece on her nose. Then she got a little on my forehead. Then we both got Krissy together, it wasn't a little. After that incident, things just got out of hand. Before the night was over, a lot of people got caked. I think the worse was Lendl, Alvin, and Zel. Cake on their faces, clothes, and hair. Oh, did I mention some of them went even further than the cake? Try peanut butter and jelly as well as Nutella. hahaha. Crazy kids! And to think, it all started with me caking Celeste on her nose. =) All in good fun.
Being forced into doing the Power Dance wasn't all that bad. Maybe if we practiced once it would've looked a little better. I gave in to dance it just because I probably wouldn't get the chance to dance with the Youth again. Even though it was just a small thing, it was fun for me. Good times performing with them... I miss it. It seemed like a lot of them forgot most of the dance. I pretty much knew it, so I was good. =)
The whole prayover thing after Zel's talk was just grand. Each area was asked to get together and pray for one another. It was supposed to be a little healing but mostly empowering kind of prayover. I stood back and watched as each area got together. Then I prayed over them all on my own. At one point while I was praying, I opened my eyes and I see the Jax group coming to me. I knew what was coming. It was like Conference all over again. Yet another big group hug for me. I didn't cry, but I did have tear or two. =) I really love these guys. I'm going to miss them like crazy.
After all was said and done, it was time to clean up. But before that, of course we had to have a photo session. Yay for the old school group! hahaha. It was definitely great to see everyone again and to chill with them even if it was only for the weekend. After we left the main hall, it was time for a little off-roading. hahaha. Talk about fun! Since it had rained quite a bit, there were puddles and what not along the dirt roads. We hit all the puddles we could at fast speeds. It was so much fun! After that, my car was so dirty! hahaha. Dirty water all over the car! Craziness! We were trying to get some people wet, but it wasn't safe because there were more cars around. Oh well...
The ride home was pretty fun. There were four vehicles: Uncle Phil, Kuya Mon, Nina [though Jason was driving], and myself. I don't know how it all started, but we ended up playing on the road. The goal was to alway be the lead car. Actually, I don't think Uncle Phil was playing, but he just happened to be going as fast as we were. Anyway, it was a lot of fun trying to keep the lead and prevent the others from passing by. I made the best move. I was in the right lane and Jason was pulling up on my left. He was about to pass me, but then I pointed to one of the gas station signs to tell him we were getting gas. He slowed down and got behind me. Then I sped up and changed lanes and kept the lead. Word! hahaha. It was such a great move! hahaha.
We stopped with the games just because we all got separated for whatever reason. Besides, it got dark. We didn't stop until we got back to Jax where we went to dinner. We found out Nina cried twice during the ride home. One reason was because of the game we were playing while driving. haha. Sorry Nina! Anyway, we ate, we chilled, we went home. It was a great weekend! I know I left out a lot of stuff, but I'm old and I can't remember everything. hahaha. =)
I got home around 10pm last night and was in bed by 1030pm. Texted two people to let them know I was home, then I fell asleep. Slept for over 11 hours which was great! Felt so good and revived from a great weekend. I had quite a bit to do today, and I still have more things to take care of. But all that isn't too interesting. I'm sure you don't want to hear about it all. Besides, I've written enough, right?
More snippets from this past weekend...
Picture Ada yawning and talking at the same time. Then I say... Wow Ada I didn't know you spoke whale! [if you watched "Finding Nemo" you'd appreciate this comment]
Yana really really really REALLY does not like me! I even made her a name tag, but she wouldn't take it from me. I had to give it to Lendl. I gave it to Lendl after I threw it on the ground out of frustration. Blahness...
I finally got to see and chill with Jonna!
Old school YFC... awesome!
Staying at the hotel wasn't too great.
Still got to talk with Abi while I was there. =) I called her Friday night after we got to the hotel.
I think a little 12 year old was flirting with me. Hm... maybe she was 13. I don't know... it doesn't matter though. =)
Jax CFC Youth... awesome! Wish you all could've went and experienced this weekend.
CFC Youth of Florida... wow! I love you all. Definitely going to miss you all. Hopefully I'll still get to see a lot of you before I peace out.
God... you're amazing! Thanks for an awesome weekend with the Youth. Thanks for allowing me to serve You the way You wanted me to. May God be praised!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home