Man, I almost pulled another 24-hour day. I was about 20-30 minutes short, but oh well. I would've went to sleep in the 20th hour, but I had some important stuff to do so it's all good. Maybe that's why I was so tired today. I need to get my sleeping habits back in check.
Anyway, happy Ash Wednesday! I guess that means I should say happy Lenten season! It's going to be an interesting 40 days. As I went about the day, as usual I would hear people say "You got some stuff on your forehead." It wasn't said to me, but I heard it at work. Speaking of work, my friend asked me if I believe in confession. Of course I said yes, and then she proceeded to say how she believes only one person can forgive our sins. We didn't get into a real conversation about it because we had to get to work. But I wonder if we had, would I have been able to defend my position on it? Would I have been able to really explain why we as Catholics believe in confession?If someone asked me why I had stuff on my head, would I know what to say? Would you? Do we really know our faith as much as we should? Or do we just continue on accepting these traditions and not really understand why we do certain things? I really hope to grow during this Lenten season. I really want to experience the season. We'll see how this goes...
There's this girl at work... she reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. No not one of the Melissa's. Because of this, it makes me think of what ever happened to her. I haven't seen her or heard from her in years. Last I heard she was in... Colorado I think? I don't know. Ok, that was just a random thought.
Anyway, happy Ash Wednesday! I guess that means I should say happy Lenten season! It's going to be an interesting 40 days. As I went about the day, as usual I would hear people say "You got some stuff on your forehead." It wasn't said to me, but I heard it at work. Speaking of work, my friend asked me if I believe in confession. Of course I said yes, and then she proceeded to say how she believes only one person can forgive our sins. We didn't get into a real conversation about it because we had to get to work. But I wonder if we had, would I have been able to defend my position on it? Would I have been able to really explain why we as Catholics believe in confession?If someone asked me why I had stuff on my head, would I know what to say? Would you? Do we really know our faith as much as we should? Or do we just continue on accepting these traditions and not really understand why we do certain things? I really hope to grow during this Lenten season. I really want to experience the season. We'll see how this goes...
There's this girl at work... she reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. No not one of the Melissa's. Because of this, it makes me think of what ever happened to her. I haven't seen her or heard from her in years. Last I heard she was in... Colorado I think? I don't know. Ok, that was just a random thought.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home