What the heck?!! My computer is all whack so this is the 3rd time that I’m typing this up! Anyway, let’s do it.
Ok so this past weekend was pretty interesting. It’ll definitely be one to remember. That’s not exactly a positive statement, and you’ll see why assuming you continue to read on. Steven and I made our way to Tampa to pick up Adrian. We got lost for about 30 minutes trying to find his house. Actually, it seemed like every time we were driving we kept getting lost. Coming home, we got lost getting to Adrian’s house… and he was in the car with us! Then Steven and I got lost trying to find our way out of Tampa. Craziness… absolute craziness!
Overall, the camp was successful. It had its ups and downs. For me, the downs were pretty bad. On a more positive side, when we got there we were pleasantly greeted by people. There was this one sister who I had just met. Minutes after she introduced herself, she was calling me a hottie. I’m like, "Um… okay. Thanks." I was immensely flattered, I think I was blushing. Hahaha. She was cool though. She was 15 and joined earlier this year. The thing I liked best about her was that she was part Chinese. Major cool points in my book. =)
Anyway, let’s talk about the incident that went down Saturday night. It happened during my talk and into the prayover session. While I was giving my talk, there was this one kid who just seemed to have comments every 5 minutes. Now I can handle if you’re bored or uniterested and you just don’t want to be there. But please, you don’t have to be all disrespectful or rude. He made a comment, and I came back with my own. I said it sarcastically with a bit of an attitude. A short while later, he made yet another comment. With a little more attitude in my voice I was like, "Look if you want to leave you can leave. No strings attached." He was quiet once again. Later on, 2 guys on my right started talking and giggling and what not and I was like, "Excuse me guys can you please be quiet?!" After that I tried to resume, but I couldn’t. I was like, "You know what, I can’t do this." I dropped the microphone, and I walked out. I passed by the service team while they were doing a team prayover and I told Steven to make sure nothings goes on while I’m gone.
I just had to get out of there and clear my head. I went outside for a walk and talk with God. I was gone for about 10 minutes just trying to clear my head. After a while I went back in to resume things. I knew I had to, but I did it with a heavy heart. May God forgive me for serving with a heavy heart. As hard as it was, I wanted to go back in and finish things off for God, the service team, and for those who did want to be there. We finished the night, but my heart just wasn’t into the things we were doing. From that point on until the end of camp, if I didn’t have to be up there, I tried to avoid it. For the Saturday night worship and closing worship on Sunday, I designated other brothers to lead the worship because I did not want to lead them in the state I was in. I didn’t even really join them in worship, I was just off somewhere else listening to them. It lifted me up a bit, but I was still bummed about what went down.
After camp was over, we had the final team meeting & honoring session. The first thing I did was explain to them what went down Saturday night and why I walked out. They totally understood, and I’m glad they did. I’m just glad I reacted the way I did instead of some other way that would have been totally regretful. Again, it was just a whole learning experience and I’m glad it went down the way it did. That way, should this kind of situation arise, they will know how to handle things.
Besides my new friend who called me a hottie throughout the weekend, I did get other compliments from people. On the card I got from SWFL, a sister wrote that I was hot. Once again I'm thinking, "Uh... okay... thanks." hahaha. After Saturday night was over, a participant said thanks to me and then a sister said "you’re a great leader." Both of those comments made me smile and helped lift me up. During the sharings, a brother went up to commend me on leading the camp and what not. During the last service team meeting, people commented on me doing a great job and being a great camp leader. It was definitely good to hear it, but definitely not necessary. The whole service team did an excellent job. I couldn’t have done it without them. I’m glad I ended up going to the camp in SWFL. It’s one of those areas that I don’t go to often, so it was nice to see them again as well as to serve with them. This could very well be the last camp I lead, and what a way to end it all. Hahaha. =) All good, I praise God for this past weekend. Definitely a God-given experience. It reminded me of the last camp Robin lead. His last camp was… interesting, to say the least. I can still hear him saying to me… after this camp, it’s all yours. Hahaha. Good stuff.
So yah, it was all good. I was more on the anti-social side during camp. Once again I mostly chilled with the service team. Fun weekend it was. After we left the house, we ended up doing a drive by just because they text Steven that they miss us. Hahaha. We’re such weirdoes. But yah, we made our way home safely. Definitely good to be home.
SWFL… you all were great! Keep doing God’s work. Keep the fire burning! I'm going to mmiss you all. God bless you in all you do! I’m sure our paths will cross again someday…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home