Oh man, it was just an amazing weekend! I was in South Florida to hang out with some friends and to lead a youth camp in Kendall. In all honesty, I didn't really prepare for the camp as much as I know I should have. But praise God, the camp went really well and the whole service team did an excellent job! It was a different kind of camp that I lead this time. It was probably the most personal camp I've done. And considering it was the last time I'd probably lead a camp down south, I used all kinds of stuff for the camp. Stuff from old jokes to old stories... new sharings I haven't done before.. it was just great!
For me, the highlight came at the end of the camp and after the camp itself was over. After all the sharings were done, I saved my sharing for last. I shared about how this was the last time I'd lead a camp down south because I'd be leaving for the AF. That news blew a lot of them away! Not a lot of them knew I would be leaving, and it was a jaw dropper for them. As I went on with my sharing, it grew hard to hold the tears in. I kept talking as tears flowed from my eyes, but then I was just overcome with the emotions that I couldn't talk anymore. I had to stop becaus I was just crying so hard. At that point, a lot of the youth came up to me and we had this huge group hug. After I got my composure back, I continued on and finished my sharing but with tears still in my eyes. I didn't think it was going to be this hard to give this sharing. I admit it was hard when I did the same thing at the last GA camp, but this was South Florida. This was the place I used to come down to so many times. It started to be a second home until my missions brought me more to GA.
I'm so proud of the CFC Youth of South Florida. I saw something so amazing this weekend with them. The brotherhood and sisterhood they share is just incredible! I knew they all had that bond, but I didn't know how deep that bond went. They truly amazed me and brought me to tears this weekend. I love them. I'm really going to miss them.
The next big highlight came after the camp ended. We had the last service team meeting which was the honoring session. Lots of emotions in there as well. I'm glad they do this, because in Jax we don't do it. It seemed like I was a big target during the honoring session. Not only from the newer youth, but even the "old school" members. For the newer members, I've pretty much led most of their camps, if not all. And the old school members, we've just served together so many times and it's cool how we're still doing it. I had to give props to two brothers because they truly amazed me this weekend. Seeing how they've grown, amazing! Seeing how they all have grown to be the amazing leaders they are... incredible! Through much of the honoring session, there were tears... including my own.
South Florida... you all have grown so much. As the old school members have given you space to grow and step up, you've done such an amazing job! I'm so proud of all of you! All the times we've spent together I will cherish it forever. I long for the day we can do it again. And when that day comes, I know you will have grown to be such awesome men and women of God. Thank you for all the memories we've shared. From the bottom of my heart, I love you all! Keep doing what you're doing, and God is going to work wonders in your lives! You all inspire me so much!
A group of us watched "The Incredibles" later Sunday night. It started out a bit slow, but it turned out to be a great movie! I really had no intention on watching it, but I wanted to hang out with everyone and they wanted to watch it, so of course I went. I had a blast! And I do have to admit, it was pretty cool shooting the guns at Jeff's house. =) Fun times... I'm really going to miss going down south and being with these crazy people. Just wish I could've seen more people, but it's all good. Maybe I can spend a week or so down south before I have to leave. Hang out with my guys and my girls down south... yah that'd be pretty dope...
For me, the highlight came at the end of the camp and after the camp itself was over. After all the sharings were done, I saved my sharing for last. I shared about how this was the last time I'd lead a camp down south because I'd be leaving for the AF. That news blew a lot of them away! Not a lot of them knew I would be leaving, and it was a jaw dropper for them. As I went on with my sharing, it grew hard to hold the tears in. I kept talking as tears flowed from my eyes, but then I was just overcome with the emotions that I couldn't talk anymore. I had to stop becaus I was just crying so hard. At that point, a lot of the youth came up to me and we had this huge group hug. After I got my composure back, I continued on and finished my sharing but with tears still in my eyes. I didn't think it was going to be this hard to give this sharing. I admit it was hard when I did the same thing at the last GA camp, but this was South Florida. This was the place I used to come down to so many times. It started to be a second home until my missions brought me more to GA.
I'm so proud of the CFC Youth of South Florida. I saw something so amazing this weekend with them. The brotherhood and sisterhood they share is just incredible! I knew they all had that bond, but I didn't know how deep that bond went. They truly amazed me and brought me to tears this weekend. I love them. I'm really going to miss them.
The next big highlight came after the camp ended. We had the last service team meeting which was the honoring session. Lots of emotions in there as well. I'm glad they do this, because in Jax we don't do it. It seemed like I was a big target during the honoring session. Not only from the newer youth, but even the "old school" members. For the newer members, I've pretty much led most of their camps, if not all. And the old school members, we've just served together so many times and it's cool how we're still doing it. I had to give props to two brothers because they truly amazed me this weekend. Seeing how they've grown, amazing! Seeing how they all have grown to be the amazing leaders they are... incredible! Through much of the honoring session, there were tears... including my own.
South Florida... you all have grown so much. As the old school members have given you space to grow and step up, you've done such an amazing job! I'm so proud of all of you! All the times we've spent together I will cherish it forever. I long for the day we can do it again. And when that day comes, I know you will have grown to be such awesome men and women of God. Thank you for all the memories we've shared. From the bottom of my heart, I love you all! Keep doing what you're doing, and God is going to work wonders in your lives! You all inspire me so much!
A group of us watched "The Incredibles" later Sunday night. It started out a bit slow, but it turned out to be a great movie! I really had no intention on watching it, but I wanted to hang out with everyone and they wanted to watch it, so of course I went. I had a blast! And I do have to admit, it was pretty cool shooting the guns at Jeff's house. =) Fun times... I'm really going to miss going down south and being with these crazy people. Just wish I could've seen more people, but it's all good. Maybe I can spend a week or so down south before I have to leave. Hang out with my guys and my girls down south... yah that'd be pretty dope...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home