Friday, March 12, 2004

Wow! Thursday was our most challenging day yet for this mission trip. We went to Charlotte, NC to talk about the CFC family ministries and the work we do. We ended up at the Diocesan office and talked to two of the youth directors there. Zel did most of the talking and I was there for moral support and for prayers. Trust me, we needed the prayers! This one guy was hardcore with asking questions! Not that it's a bad thing, it was just quite challenging. But fear not, because Anzel handled himself well thanks to God. We were there about 45-60 minutes with them. After we got out we were like, "oh my gosh that was crazy!" But praise God!

Ok next challenge, we got a bit lost on our way home. We went almost an hour in a different direction, so we turned around. But instead of going to our usual course, we took one of those side roads. It took us forever! We weren't lost, but it sure felt like we were at times. And at one point, we almost got into a car accident! We must've been like less than a foot away from the car in front of us.

We finally got home three hours after we left Charlotte. Since our adventures for the day finally ended, we were glad to be home. But all that "excitement" left us pretty wired. Since we didn't really have much to do at night, we went with two of the children and watched them at their karate class. Fun times I tell you.

Have fun in California Lendl! Happy spring break to those who are on it. I should be home sometime this weekend, assuming you even care. =( I wonder if anyone is still even reading. I think Krissy kind of does because she hit up the chatterbox. Hm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home