HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LENDL and MELISSALYNN!!
I spent three hours at the gym today. Craziness, huh? At least I spread it out evenly. About an hour of weights, 45 minutes on the bike, and the rest of the time playing some basketball. My game was pretty off.
I went to a Church teaching thing tonight. It was pretty interesting and not that boring. If you're interested, go to Assumption Catholic Church every night this week until Thursday. It'll be from 7pm until about 830pm. About 9 SFC-ers were there as well as the SFC Coordinators. After that, some of us hit up Lendl's house for her birthday. Woohoo free food! hahaha. So we went and ate and chilled and what not. Fun times, fun times.
So this past weekend at work, I saw something that made me think there were really nice people out there in the world. Some guy was buying his groceries and was $4.79 short. Some other lady waiting for her husband to check out asked the guy how much he needed, and she gave him $5. It was pretty heart-warming to see such an act of generosity to a total stranger. Switching gears... I stopped by to get gas tonight before heading home. At the gas station, I heard [and Jema saw] some guy hit a van while trying to park his car. The car attempted to go in further, causing more damage to both vehicles. The car backed up, and drove off. Sad, isn't it? I feel bad because I didn't do anything. Should I have done so?
Oh, and another thing that happened today. When I was driving to the gym, I saw a quarrel between three guys. I don't know exactly what the deal was, but here goes. There's two guys on their bikes and I'm driving behind them. There's a speed hump [as opposed to a speed bump] in the road, so they speed up to jump it or whatever. Another car is backing out of a driveway which is a little ahead of the speed hump. I guess the guy in the car got mad at the two guys on the bike because they were just riding in the middle of the road. The guy got out of his car screaming and what not. The two guys on the bike stop and words are flying back and forth. The guy gets a hammer out the back of his car and drives toward them. He gets out, more words being said back and forth. The guy with the hammer takes one of the bikes and throws it in the middle of the road. I don't know what happened after that because I was already ahead and I was looking through my rear view mirror watching it all. Craziness, huh?
What is this world coming to? I tell you, it's pretty tough to live a perfect Christian life in the midst of all this other stuff around us. But hey, it's definitely worth it in the end. Praise God!
I spent three hours at the gym today. Craziness, huh? At least I spread it out evenly. About an hour of weights, 45 minutes on the bike, and the rest of the time playing some basketball. My game was pretty off.
I went to a Church teaching thing tonight. It was pretty interesting and not that boring. If you're interested, go to Assumption Catholic Church every night this week until Thursday. It'll be from 7pm until about 830pm. About 9 SFC-ers were there as well as the SFC Coordinators. After that, some of us hit up Lendl's house for her birthday. Woohoo free food! hahaha. So we went and ate and chilled and what not. Fun times, fun times.
So this past weekend at work, I saw something that made me think there were really nice people out there in the world. Some guy was buying his groceries and was $4.79 short. Some other lady waiting for her husband to check out asked the guy how much he needed, and she gave him $5. It was pretty heart-warming to see such an act of generosity to a total stranger. Switching gears... I stopped by to get gas tonight before heading home. At the gas station, I heard [and Jema saw] some guy hit a van while trying to park his car. The car attempted to go in further, causing more damage to both vehicles. The car backed up, and drove off. Sad, isn't it? I feel bad because I didn't do anything. Should I have done so?
Oh, and another thing that happened today. When I was driving to the gym, I saw a quarrel between three guys. I don't know exactly what the deal was, but here goes. There's two guys on their bikes and I'm driving behind them. There's a speed hump [as opposed to a speed bump] in the road, so they speed up to jump it or whatever. Another car is backing out of a driveway which is a little ahead of the speed hump. I guess the guy in the car got mad at the two guys on the bike because they were just riding in the middle of the road. The guy got out of his car screaming and what not. The two guys on the bike stop and words are flying back and forth. The guy gets a hammer out the back of his car and drives toward them. He gets out, more words being said back and forth. The guy with the hammer takes one of the bikes and throws it in the middle of the road. I don't know what happened after that because I was already ahead and I was looking through my rear view mirror watching it all. Craziness, huh?
What is this world coming to? I tell you, it's pretty tough to live a perfect Christian life in the midst of all this other stuff around us. But hey, it's definitely worth it in the end. Praise God!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home