Oh my gosh... so much to update about! It's been over a week, as you can tell. Well, I'll start but I know I won't finish. I'll try and do just highlights so you don't get too bored. Sound good? Ok let's go...
Thursday September 1 - Monday September 5... I was in Orlando for the SFC National Conference. I'll post about that separately because that will be a longer post.
Tuesday... after a wet day at work Abi and I watched "40-year old virgin." I thought it was pretty funny. Grabbed some McD's and headed to her house for the rest of the night. Sad distressing news was delivered. We'll manage. Just have to wait and see how things unfold. It'll be okay somehow...
Wednesday... yet another wet day at work. Abi showed up at my work. Definitely a surprise. Freedom!! hahaha. Her story to tell, not mine. =) Despite the situation, she's very much happy. Yay! Had dinner at Lighthouse Grille to celebrate. Came back to my house to chill. She got to talk to my parents. It's been a while since they last talked.
Thursday... went with the parents to look at some houses again. Nice... but I still like the one near Palm Coast, though I wouldn't mind the one from today. Dry at work, but not a very profitable day. Left early to run some errands. Called Abi, she was at the mall. What a coincidence... that's where I was heading! We met up and we finished off my errands together. Then we did her shopping together. Fun fun fun. Went back to the mall to pick up my pictures. Wasn't too thrilled about how the came out, but oh well. Funny pictures! They'll be up some day soon... I hope. Dinner at Outback, yummy! Chilled at her house for a while until I went home. Important conversation. Whoa. We know where we stand on it. All is well.
Friday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEH!! Wow... I'm 25 now. Craziness!! My birthday went down pretty well. The whole morning and afternoon was spent with the parentals and Abi. We started the day off by going to mass at the Carmelite Monastery off of Old Dixie Highway. It was funny... Father Joseph was there and he was making remarks about marriage. We were like... whoa!! Slow it down Father! hahaha. It was funny. The parents asked him for a birthday blessing, instead he said he would marry us... no wait no cost. What in the world?!?!! hahaha. But he did end up giving me a birthday blessing... in Polish. Very nice. After all the fun with Fr. Joseph, we did a tour of the place since it was Abi's first time there. Then it was off to show Abi the house that we looked at about a month or so ago. For lunch we [or rather my dad] decided on Boston Lobster Feast in Orlando. We went to go look for it. When we found it... we also found that it didn't open until 4pm. It was about 1pm. Great. Just had lunch at the Orlando Ale house, then did some walking around at the Florida Mall. Fun times. Headed home afterwards.
2nd half of my birthday... AMAZING!! We got home after 7pm. Abi and I had dinner reservations at P.F. Chang's at 830pm. We left my house to go to her's because she wanted to change. We get to the restaurant... surprise!! Many of my beloved SFC-ers were there to celebrate with me. This is the 2nd year in a row I was given a surprise dinner. Also, this is the 2nd year in a row that I figured it all out, hence the lack of surprise. =) All day long Abi was texting and on the phone but she made it seem like it was nothing. I kind of heard bits and pieces and eventually put it all together. Sorry Abi for figuring it out. I really was trying not to expect anything. It was a really really nice celebration. Had dinner, then cake. Then more surprises. Had some champagne, but this was not a regular toast or whatever. Each one of them said a little something and gave me a little something as a reminder of our individual friendships. Nice. No tears or anything. Cheers to them all! The toast and the gifts were the only things I didn't see coming. Thanks Abi and to everyone else who helped in making this birthday one of the best I've ever had. You all are awesome! After all the dinner and festivities, we all went our separate ways. Abi and I went back to her house and we just went through the gifts and cards and took some pictures. We were both so tired after a very long day. But definitely a day worth remembering.
So there you have it... my little update for now. Coming soon: SFC conference post... maybe even with some pictures. =) Thanks again to everyone who helped make my birthday even more special. Thanks for all the texts, phone calls, and messages [my blog, jax youth site, sfc jax site, and even your personal sites]!! I thank God for each and every one of you. Come back soon and check for pictures.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEH!! I like how Jonna put it... happy silver birthday!! hehehe.
Thursday September 1 - Monday September 5... I was in Orlando for the SFC National Conference. I'll post about that separately because that will be a longer post.
Tuesday... after a wet day at work Abi and I watched "40-year old virgin." I thought it was pretty funny. Grabbed some McD's and headed to her house for the rest of the night. Sad distressing news was delivered. We'll manage. Just have to wait and see how things unfold. It'll be okay somehow...
Wednesday... yet another wet day at work. Abi showed up at my work. Definitely a surprise. Freedom!! hahaha. Her story to tell, not mine. =) Despite the situation, she's very much happy. Yay! Had dinner at Lighthouse Grille to celebrate. Came back to my house to chill. She got to talk to my parents. It's been a while since they last talked.
Thursday... went with the parents to look at some houses again. Nice... but I still like the one near Palm Coast, though I wouldn't mind the one from today. Dry at work, but not a very profitable day. Left early to run some errands. Called Abi, she was at the mall. What a coincidence... that's where I was heading! We met up and we finished off my errands together. Then we did her shopping together. Fun fun fun. Went back to the mall to pick up my pictures. Wasn't too thrilled about how the came out, but oh well. Funny pictures! They'll be up some day soon... I hope. Dinner at Outback, yummy! Chilled at her house for a while until I went home. Important conversation. Whoa. We know where we stand on it. All is well.
Friday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEH!! Wow... I'm 25 now. Craziness!! My birthday went down pretty well. The whole morning and afternoon was spent with the parentals and Abi. We started the day off by going to mass at the Carmelite Monastery off of Old Dixie Highway. It was funny... Father Joseph was there and he was making remarks about marriage. We were like... whoa!! Slow it down Father! hahaha. It was funny. The parents asked him for a birthday blessing, instead he said he would marry us... no wait no cost. What in the world?!?!! hahaha. But he did end up giving me a birthday blessing... in Polish. Very nice. After all the fun with Fr. Joseph, we did a tour of the place since it was Abi's first time there. Then it was off to show Abi the house that we looked at about a month or so ago. For lunch we [or rather my dad] decided on Boston Lobster Feast in Orlando. We went to go look for it. When we found it... we also found that it didn't open until 4pm. It was about 1pm. Great. Just had lunch at the Orlando Ale house, then did some walking around at the Florida Mall. Fun times. Headed home afterwards.
2nd half of my birthday... AMAZING!! We got home after 7pm. Abi and I had dinner reservations at P.F. Chang's at 830pm. We left my house to go to her's because she wanted to change. We get to the restaurant... surprise!! Many of my beloved SFC-ers were there to celebrate with me. This is the 2nd year in a row I was given a surprise dinner. Also, this is the 2nd year in a row that I figured it all out, hence the lack of surprise. =) All day long Abi was texting and on the phone but she made it seem like it was nothing. I kind of heard bits and pieces and eventually put it all together. Sorry Abi for figuring it out. I really was trying not to expect anything. It was a really really nice celebration. Had dinner, then cake. Then more surprises. Had some champagne, but this was not a regular toast or whatever. Each one of them said a little something and gave me a little something as a reminder of our individual friendships. Nice. No tears or anything. Cheers to them all! The toast and the gifts were the only things I didn't see coming. Thanks Abi and to everyone else who helped in making this birthday one of the best I've ever had. You all are awesome! After all the dinner and festivities, we all went our separate ways. Abi and I went back to her house and we just went through the gifts and cards and took some pictures. We were both so tired after a very long day. But definitely a day worth remembering.
So there you have it... my little update for now. Coming soon: SFC conference post... maybe even with some pictures. =) Thanks again to everyone who helped make my birthday even more special. Thanks for all the texts, phone calls, and messages [my blog, jax youth site, sfc jax site, and even your personal sites]!! I thank God for each and every one of you. Come back soon and check for pictures.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEH!! I like how Jonna put it... happy silver birthday!! hehehe.

1 Comments:
i'm very very sad that I didn't get the chance to celebrate with you and didin't know about your surprise....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home