Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Role Model, Part 2.

(Insert name here) is in love with a (insert something here). And it’s (insert name here).

That completed sentence blew me away! Ever since I heard it, it’s been on my mind. Shocked and surprised? I think my feelings went beyond that. Wow… I never saw that hook-up nor did it ever cross my mind.

But anyway, enough about that. I hope I didn’t leave you in too much suspense. Oh well. Not my business to tell, sorry. =)

I want to talk about my last post. I was doing some thinking about it last night and today. Sure we have role models and people we look up to for whatever reason, but we must realize that no one is a perfect role model. Even the saints themselves were not perfect role models throughout their entire lives! I can think of only 2 people who could be considered total, perfect role models: Jesus himself and our blessed Mother, Mary. Maybe I’m wrong? You’re more than welcome to disagree since this is just my own opinion, correct or not. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have role models, I’m just saying we need to remember that they are only human and will make mistakes.

I’ve had people that I’ve looked up to, just like you have. Sure there have been times of disappointment, but that’s no reason to stop looking up to them nor stop loving them. I’m the kind of person that accepts things somewhat easily despite my lack of understanding of the situation or circumstances. I can only ask God for that kind of knowledge and understanding. If I never totally understand it, then oh well. I just continue on with what I do know and do what I can, namely pray for those involved and the situation.

I love my family. I love my friends. I know we all make our share of mistakes. We try to correct others and help them see things, but sometimes our efforts just aren’t enough. We pray and pray with no avail, but we shouldn’t stop. I love the people that I’ve looked up to, even though there may have been times of disappointment. How could I stop loving them for their imperfections? I wouldn’t want anyone to stop loving me because of mine. And believe me, I have plenty of imperfections!

Life can be crazy, especially when it throws us some nasty curve balls. Sometimes things just have to happen for some reason beyond our knowledge and understanding. I guess that’s where faith in God comes in. It’s funny (not the “haha” funny) how our faith in God and His plan can be tested by crazy situations.

Oddly enough, I read something in a daily devotional today that kind of relates to this. It says “… even dark, dead and barren parts of ourselves have an authentic place to be. Centered in the deep conviction that what needs to happen is occurring, we learn to let go, to trust infinite timing, not our own.” Maybe I just misinterpreted that, but it made sense to me. I know there are times when we say to ourselves, “Why does this need to happen?” It’s hard to comprehend certain events, but I guess that’s when we just need to turn to God and trust in His ultimate plan. As the old cliché goes, “everything happens for a reason.”

Jesus, I trust in YOU!

1 Comments:

Blogger abi said...

i do too!!! =)

Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home