Monday, October 23, 2006

Role Model.

I heard a song on the Christian radio station that made me reflect on something. During my service in the CFC Community, I found myself having to be somewhat of a role model. I was never one to think of myself as someone to be looked up to or anything like that. I mean, I was just… me. But being a leader in both the Youth and Singles, it was pretty much inevitable. I never asked or cared for the attention. I liked the background work. You know, behind the scenes. But when I was called to be “out there,” I was. Whether in the spotlight or not, I always had to be conscious of my behavior and actions because whether I liked it or not, I was being watched. I wanted to set a good example.

I always found it odd whenever someone would come up to me and say that they look up to me or I inspire them or something. Mainly because… I don’t know, that’s just the way I was. I ask myself, “Why would someone look up to me?” I never really thought of myself like that. But I praise God that I was able to be someone to look up to and that I was able to inspire people. Whenever someone does say that, it makes me feel good. I’m sure you all can relate. Definitely a good feeling.

Anyway, with all that said, I’m excited to have children! I hope and pray that my children will think of me as someone to look up to and admire. I know it’ll be challenging, but with the grace of God I’m sure it’ll be an amazing experience. The song I heard said something like this: Lord I want to be just like You, ‘cause he wants to be just like me. When I heard that I was just like, wow! I know I’ve heard that song before, but I guess it just never hit me the way it did tonight. Fatherhood… one day, God willing.

4 Comments:

Blogger abi said...

yup bebe, when we're ready, we'll have babies!! =)

Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well put joe! you have the gift of wisdom!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger joe said...

hi ate bel! me... the gift of wisdom?? no way. or maybe i do and its just developing? hm... i dunno. but thanks for the vote of confidence!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

hey beb! yah one day we will! woohoo!! excited!! i love you!!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home