It starts...
Hello dear friends! Well today was a historic event, for me anyway. Today marks my first day as a Religious Education [formerly CCD] teacher! Yup that's right, yours truly is a volunteer teacher for the Catholic RE program. Me and my friend, Dan, are teaching 4th grade. We decided to team up since it was new territory for us both. Our roster is only 4 students long, but that's okay. We can make it more personal with a small group. My only other experience with teaching RE/CCD was when I helped my mom teach kindergarden a long time ago. This should be an interesting event. But I'm excited about it. Our first day was not bad at all. Fun stuff. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the RE year will bring. Praise God for calling me to serve Him in this way!
Not only am I teaching RE, I'm attending it as well! Later today starts Adult RE. It's a great way for me to continue learning about my faith. Praise God there's something that can help nourish me spiritually. I'm excited about it! It should be a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Gosh my Sundays are going to be busy! Check out this "normal" Sunday schedule of mine.
Mass: 0930-1030
RE: 1100-1200
Youth Group: 1700-1900
Adult RE: 1900-2000
Pretty busy, huh? It's cool though. At least I'm keeping busy in my service. Praise God for that!
Not only am I teaching RE, I'm attending it as well! Later today starts Adult RE. It's a great way for me to continue learning about my faith. Praise God there's something that can help nourish me spiritually. I'm excited about it! It should be a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Gosh my Sundays are going to be busy! Check out this "normal" Sunday schedule of mine.
Mass: 0930-1030
RE: 1100-1200
Youth Group: 1700-1900
Adult RE: 1900-2000
Pretty busy, huh? It's cool though. At least I'm keeping busy in my service. Praise God for that!

4 Comments:
hey joe! i had to do a marathon in reading your blog, it's gotten busy preparing for the HOLD conference & at the same time having to do actual work...
i just wanna say i'm proud of you =) RE -- that's really stepping up to the plate! the youth need someone like you to look up to! my thoughts and prayers are with you!
send some snow our way next time ;p
hi ate bel! i hope you're enjoying the business of preparing for the HOLD conf. even though things get busy, its still fun. good luck with it all!
yah RE is new territory so it'll have its challenges. i'm excited though!
as for snow... we're out right now. haha. who knows when it'll come back. maybe it'll snow in jax... ;)
if it snows in jax, it's time to move! hahaha!
i know you love broadway stuff... i'm doin "les mis" as part of the conference creative... singing and acting at the same time, a dream come true! .... joke! but reminds me of when we watched ms saigon in orlando. we miss u joe!
wow that's exciting ate bel! i'm sure you'll do amazing, as usual. i wish i could be there to see it. oh well. yes i remember orlando. fun stuff. one day, i hope we can all do it again. maybe even in NY this time?? hahaha. that'd be awesome!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home