So how do we take it from here?
this is abi. if you are an avid reader of joe's blog or moreso a close friend, I'm pretty sure you've heard things about me, about us. maybe you would have even known how have far we've gone from the first day we met. it will really be a challenge to put our love story in a nutshell. [besides, you might know that already].
anyway, here I am, the one left behind [as we all are]. while I'm writing this, good thing I am not crying. I'm here at the parents' house, wearing his shirt and my eyes are welling up [darn..]. ok, i'll get my grips together. hold on...
just got home from meps, it was where joe's swearing [with all other soldiers-to-be] happened. but before I let you know what happened earlier, ill bring all the way back to friday.
friday, we went to watch a play at alhambra. pretty nice, well I like theatre. had dinner and all that. then we went to a club. yes my dear friends, my husband danced with me. he dances well when it is choreographed, but freestyle, he said he'd rather not. but yep, we did. it felt sooo good dancing with your husband and not caring about anyone or anything else. also, I needed not to worry about other guys trying, I got my gorgeous husband with me plus just some flashing of the ringS. that did it. oohh hot! went home [our house] and just passed out. the next morning saturday [like 8ish], he went to play tennis with some of our fellow sfc. I stayed at home and slept. he sure had fun specially he likes tennis a lot. some quality time with friends. he got back home and I finally got my lazy self out of bed. then we went to parents' house supposedly to go fishing. that fell through. so the whole afternoon [and night] we just stayed at home. talk about support. fell asleep eventually then sunday morning came. mass then breakfast, then home, then lunch at olive garden then cluster assembly. we had dinner with fellow sfc at moe's. after dinner, then comes the sniffing part. we went to our house to get my car. then from my house we convoyed going to the hotel. so we got to the hotel because he spent sunday night there. going home felt weird. first of all, I got sooo used to not driving anymore and I got sooo used to being in his car and not in mine. so I got home then went straight to our room. I was alone in the room and it got me really sad. 2.30am, I finally got myself to sleep. later that morning, around 8, he called me and said he's on his way to my house. so I got ready then we headed back to the parents' house to get his stuff and finalize things. had lunch at wasabi with parentals, then mall then home. then dinner at panera. then off to the navarros house for another 'see you laters'. then the "super short" drive to the hotel. so we got there, he was checking in as I just sat exactly where I sat the night before. jitters again. so him and his parents did the byes as I sat there trying so hard not to look [I was hiding the tears that's why]. then came my turn. we had to go out of the lobby. he said we'll be fine, and that he's doing this for OUR future and life together [over and over again]. that was a comfort but that would still make him leave. you pretty much have an idea how it looked like. it was hard, 2 months seems like a long time but just as they say, time flies. I just want it to fly way faster that it normally does. then early today [the very last time I saw him], we watched as they swore. I was with him for probably a little less than an hour if I add all the minutes up. cant do anything else but to hold each others' hands. then the final hug and final kiss.. then here I am.
so I figured, while we are all waiting until he gets back, ill let you in to my life. my life as I try to carry on while being away from my love, husband, bestfriend and hero. so, let me say.. Welcome to my world..
this is abi. if you are an avid reader of joe's blog or moreso a close friend, I'm pretty sure you've heard things about me, about us. maybe you would have even known how have far we've gone from the first day we met. it will really be a challenge to put our love story in a nutshell. [besides, you might know that already].
anyway, here I am, the one left behind [as we all are]. while I'm writing this, good thing I am not crying. I'm here at the parents' house, wearing his shirt and my eyes are welling up [darn..]. ok, i'll get my grips together. hold on...
just got home from meps, it was where joe's swearing [with all other soldiers-to-be] happened. but before I let you know what happened earlier, ill bring all the way back to friday.
friday, we went to watch a play at alhambra. pretty nice, well I like theatre. had dinner and all that. then we went to a club. yes my dear friends, my husband danced with me. he dances well when it is choreographed, but freestyle, he said he'd rather not. but yep, we did. it felt sooo good dancing with your husband and not caring about anyone or anything else. also, I needed not to worry about other guys trying, I got my gorgeous husband with me plus just some flashing of the ringS. that did it. oohh hot! went home [our house] and just passed out. the next morning saturday [like 8ish], he went to play tennis with some of our fellow sfc. I stayed at home and slept. he sure had fun specially he likes tennis a lot. some quality time with friends. he got back home and I finally got my lazy self out of bed. then we went to parents' house supposedly to go fishing. that fell through. so the whole afternoon [and night] we just stayed at home. talk about support. fell asleep eventually then sunday morning came. mass then breakfast, then home, then lunch at olive garden then cluster assembly. we had dinner with fellow sfc at moe's. after dinner, then comes the sniffing part. we went to our house to get my car. then from my house we convoyed going to the hotel. so we got to the hotel because he spent sunday night there. going home felt weird. first of all, I got sooo used to not driving anymore and I got sooo used to being in his car and not in mine. so I got home then went straight to our room. I was alone in the room and it got me really sad. 2.30am, I finally got myself to sleep. later that morning, around 8, he called me and said he's on his way to my house. so I got ready then we headed back to the parents' house to get his stuff and finalize things. had lunch at wasabi with parentals, then mall then home. then dinner at panera. then off to the navarros house for another 'see you laters'. then the "super short" drive to the hotel. so we got there, he was checking in as I just sat exactly where I sat the night before. jitters again. so him and his parents did the byes as I sat there trying so hard not to look [I was hiding the tears that's why]. then came my turn. we had to go out of the lobby. he said we'll be fine, and that he's doing this for OUR future and life together [over and over again]. that was a comfort but that would still make him leave. you pretty much have an idea how it looked like. it was hard, 2 months seems like a long time but just as they say, time flies. I just want it to fly way faster that it normally does. then early today [the very last time I saw him], we watched as they swore. I was with him for probably a little less than an hour if I add all the minutes up. cant do anything else but to hold each others' hands. then the final hug and final kiss.. then here I am.
so I figured, while we are all waiting until he gets back, ill let you in to my life. my life as I try to carry on while being away from my love, husband, bestfriend and hero. so, let me say.. Welcome to my world..

3 Comments:
hey abi! nice, you're taking over the blog!
hey abs...nice touch w/the blog updates. man! we'll all miss joe! jb's sad that he wasn't able to play one last tennis game w/him. (he missed 2 important dates...but atleast made it on 10/6) looks like we'll all be looking forward for those 2months to go by faster! anyway sis...keep ur head up n trust that the Lord is taking care of your soldier. Love u lots. {hugz} -stef
hey tim, yep, taking over [just for awhile]. so, keep visiting tim, pls! the shirt was really cool, he liked it! =)
oh stef. thanks sis, thanks for the love. im sad Big time. way sadder than i thought id be. but yes, God will take care of him. and that's a happy thought. =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home