Monday, July 31, 2006

The finer things in life.

I've become annoyed and disturbed at some of the wealthy people of the world. Well, maybe more so towards the younger generation of wealthy people. I've seen episodes of "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV and it makes me so freakin' mad! I mean, these kids are spoiled out of their minds while there are so many people out there struggling every day! It just makes me so upset thinking about it.

I just read a friend's xanga and she was talking about how her family was unfortunate because they moved away from what could've been a more glamorous life. Don't get me wrong, I love this person to death! But when I read what she wrote, I was just like... ugh! She talked about how this glamorous life was her inspiration to be successful.

Ok ok don't get me wrong! There's nothing wrong with wanting the finer things in life. But I just don't think that should be the motivation to being successful. How about providing for your family? Providing for others? Being able to send your kids to school? Or maybe I'm just wrong. Most definitely I wouldn't mind being well off, but for sure having all these nice things whenever I want is not my motivation.

I don't know... maybe it's just me. Again, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not throwing blame or trying to ruin anyone's dreams or anything like that. I'm just throwing my opinion out there. This is my blog, right? =)

Let's see, what was that quote? "Less for self. More for others. Enough for everyone."

4 Comments:

Blogger Acelyn said...

so i feLL off the face of the earth thanks to schooL. but now i'm done for the summer&i've jumped right back. apparentLy i've missed a bunch. exampLe.? YOU TWO ARE IN MONTANA.?! haha. js another state i can say i know ppL in. haha.

anywhoo, i hope aLL is weLL with you two Lovebirds. i'LL be praying for you.! -=)

<3,
aceLyn.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger joe said...

hey ace! wow i havent heard from you in forever! glad you're able to take a break now. hope all is well with you. montana is... okay i guess.

oh my gosh you'll never guess what!! ok so abi and i are such express fans [she works there so we get discounts! woohoo!]. but... there's no express here where we live! we have to go 3-4 hours driving just to get to one! how crazy is that?!! and AND AND... only women's express. depressing for meeh.

oh wells. miss ya muchos!!

Friday, August 04, 2006 5:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked this post alot for its substance joe. it's been a while since i dropped by here and i too, think that there's more to life than just the material stuff. material stuff is nice, but it's not what defines success and shouldn't be regarded too high...because of extreme materialism, there's also extreme workaholism...and everything else that comes with the unsatisfaction of never having enough.

loved the last quote...it's so true! hope u and abi are able to train there, so u guys can join us for the marathon, if you're here on dec. 17th! =)

Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

haha. we hope, but not sure. trying to save leave and money for the big event next year.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home