A whole new world.
Has it really been since May that I last wrote anything up here? I guess that's what happens when life gets the best of you. After all the training and preparations, we now find ourselves in Germany! I never thought we'd actually get here, but we're here. It's been about 3 months now and the house is still not totally set up. Once we get things totally organized it'll probably be time to move again. =)
Anyway, so Germany is okay. Can't say I'm crazy about it, or that I even care to be here for that matter. My favorite thing so far has to be the weather. Loving the cold and the many cloudy/overcast days we've had. Not too much rain yet but I'm told that'll change in the summertime. My biggest complaint... the language barrier! I hate that I have to learn a new language just to be able to communicate with the locals. It's crazy that even going to an Asian restaurant in the mall that they're communicating in German! So frustrating and I hate it! Unfortunately I've put off trying to learn the language because I have other priorities that I need to take care of. Maybe that's just my excuse, but for now it's a legitimate excuse. I do hope I end up enjoying our time here. It was such a hassle just trying to get here and get set up... it better be worth it! Only time will tell...

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hello! I’m Emma :) I’m going to be coming to Germany in a couple days. I was wondering how is the weather now? Should I be prepared to pack sweaters and jeans? And how will it be in July?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home