Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lil' Joaquin isn't so little.

I haven't been a HUGE fan of the whole baby stage. Sure he's cute and cuddly and all that. What gets to me is the constant attention he needs. I always tell the wifey and other people that I can't wait until he's older so that we can do things together and have more fun. I do long for those days! He's getting so big now. It's like a growth spurt just came out of no where! Maybe a week or two ago he weighed in at almost 17 lbs. and 26 inches long. That was when he was almost 5 months. I just get tired carrying him now because he's so heavy!

Then one day just out of the blue, I was staring at him. Just lying in the bed peaceful and content. And it hit me, I'm really going to miss this stage of his life. You know, the cute and cuddly stage when he doesn't talk back and is just happy-go-lucky. It's cool how just about everything amazes him and his laughs and smiles are so genuine. Playing with him is a blast! Tickling him and seeing that big smile and hearing his loud laugh... who wouldn't smile at those kinds of sounds and sites?!

I love him so much! I can't wait to see what God has in store for his life. Then again, I think I can wait. This stage can last longer. He's absolutely adorable. So lively, so precious, so innocent... so genuine. That's our little boy. Happy 5 months, son!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I still can't believe you are papa! Hugs and kisses to the little one! Love and miss you guys!

Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:52:00 AM  
Anonymous avjv said...

stop! he cannot grow any further until i get to snuggle him! thanks,
:)

Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:55:00 AM  
Blogger abi said...

OMG, this made me teary-eyed Beb. (how do you make teary-eyed smiley...?) It's just so nice reading this. =) Yup, this stage can last longer.... I wish the same. I love you both!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home